- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Alter Domus
- 23 Jun 17
Independent and possessing more than twenty years' experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 1000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds/corporate clients and following up with third parties, including investors and clients.
- Keeping the funds/corporate clients books and preparing the periodic funds valuations (Net Asset Value), year-end financial statements, monthly reporting deliverables and any other funds/corporate related reporting.
- Assisting in the coordination of year-end audits.
- Assisting in the organisation of board meetings and shareholders’ meetings.
- Preparing periodic tax and GST returns and maintaining relevant contact with tax advisers.
- Acting as a contact person between shareholders, investment managers, and custodian banks for resolution of any issues that may arise.
- You have a bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics.
- You have completed or are working towards a post-graduate qualification.
- You have 0-4 years of relevant experience in the fields of alternative investment fund administration or a corporate finance role.
- You have knowledge of fund industry, valuation, accounting.
- A basic knowledge in accounting for investment products, ideally with Fund-of-Funds, Single-Manager funds, and Private Equity funds will be considered an asset.
- An understanding of securities commonly encountered in the fund industry, including equities, bonds, contract for difference, options, and futures, and the ability to account for these securities is preferred.
- A basic understanding of Australian tax and company secretarial compliance is preferred.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are committed to meeting deadlines and can work autonomously under direction.
- You possess team spirit, a capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction (when appropriate).
- You are committed to joining a small but growing team and working collectively on the challenges that this environment presents.