Research Associate - Building Materials and Steel
The successful candidate will work closely with the senior analyst with day to day responsibility for managing data, client interaction and contributing to research reports.Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Citi is recruiting a research associate for the Building Materials & Steel research team. The successful candidate will work closely with the senior analyst with day to day responsibility for managing data, client interaction and contributing to research reports.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about learning and loves financial markets. The environment is dynamic so you will work collaboratively in a small team as well as independently. The role offers an opportunity to be at the forefront of the debate on the sectors and interact with major investors, key industry participants and Citi’s sales and trading desk.
Ideally you have 3 years’ work experience in a finance or accounting role with relevant industry exposure, looking for an opportunity to put your skills into practice.
- Supporting the analyst covering the Building Materials and Steel sectors by conducting examinations of the companies involved
- Compiling, maintaining and analyzing industry models and databases
- Developing and maintaining financial models used to forecast company earnings and company valuations
- Responding to client requests and liaising with and presenting to clients
- Originating and preparing written company and industry notes and reports in a clear and succinct manner
- Assisting internal sales and trading teams in the timely analysis of breaking news in the sector
KEY BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS:
- Research Colleagues (domestic and offshore)
- Institutional Sales and Trading
- Investment Banking and ECM on an ‘as-needed’ basis
- Institutional Investor Clients
- Listed corporates within coverage universe
- Unlisted private companies
- Industry and government/political bodies
- Tertiary qualification in finance/accounting
- Likely to possess post-graduate qualifications e.g. CFA, MBA, CPA/CA
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Big 4 accounting (recently qualified CA/CPA) or corporate finance role with significant to exposure financial statement analysis or relevant industry experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills to critically dissect earning reports and develop detailed financial models to produce rigorously supported valuations
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to articulate investment insights and research in written products
- Solid financial accounting and analytical skills to review annual reports and financial statements
- Highly motivated with an insatiable curiosity for industries covered and broader financial markets
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Inquisitive and discerning, able to identify and market commercially viable industry insights
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work under time constraints and manage priorities
When you work at Citi, you’ll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.