- Zhuhai, Guangdong Sheng, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Philips Greater China
- 18 Apr 17
Oversee operations of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Fixed Asset Accounting at the Financial Shared Services Center. Must also comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Internal Control System – Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures. Responsible for financial statement review and monthly financial statement processes. Performs all duties in accordance with Share Service Center’s policies and within the realm of company’s Mission Statement.
Working experience: 5+ years with major public auditing firms such as Deloitte, EY or 立信会计. Experience in hospitality industry, with a minimum of 4 years in managerial capacity would be an advantage.
Educational level: Tertiary education with major in Accounting and membership of a recognized Professional Accounting Body such A.I.C.P.A., CPA Australia, etc. preferred.
Language / computer skill: Excellent command of written and conversational English and Chinese. Fully conversant with PC software and Microsoft application. Must be familiar with financial systems including PMS and POS systems
Customer interactions: Must have excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts, maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance.
Teamwork: Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Flexibility schedule: Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays when necessary.
Other requirements: Strong leadership abilities, sound judgment, decision making and problem solving skills. Strong negotiation, communication, analytical and presentation skills. Sound analytical skills in interpreting exceptions, irregularities and financial information in recognizing unusual variances and discrepancies. Good understanding of the current accounting practice and theories. Good command of the Chinese and English language in dealing with internal correspondence and writing policies and procedures. Able to work independently and under pressure to meet tight reporting schedules. Get along well with Team Members and work as a team.
DETAILED POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide timely financial reporting and analysis to help management maintain and increase the group’s profitability.
- Handle the overall finance and accounting responsibility for Shared Services Center
- Responsible for the financial and taxation matters of the shared services center, including accounting, finance, taxation policies and procedures, etc.
- Liaise with internal/external auditors and other Government departments.
§ Work closely with other internal departments to ensure correct financial reporting.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and yearly financial and accounting reports & schedules including cash flow, corporate consolidation, etc.
- Assists with analytical review on the monthly Management Report and investigate for any material variances.
- Liaise with Int'l Management Finance and Tax teams on financial and taxation matters
- Review and verify all monthly reconciliations.
- Ensure all accounting standards, policies and practices are adhered to and that activities comply with company policy and statutory requirements.
- Plan, supervise and review work of subordinates
- Assists in preparation of ad-hoc reports requested by Management.
§ Assist to establish guidelines for procedures and policies and direct their implementation
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the department and adhere to departmental and company policies.
- Perform duties as assigned, always presenting oneself as a credit to the company and encourage others to do the same.
- Perform other job-related duties.