Associate - AEJ Structured Credit Product Controller - Hong Kong
- Competitive Package
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 26 Apr 17
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven and experienced product controller to join our Global Markets Product Control team based in Hong Kong. The candidate will be part of the AEJ Credit team. The role will also expand over time to include other additional finance responsibilities.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Product Control’s primary responsibility is to ensure appropriate accounting and valuation for business activities carried out within the Wholesale Division. As a control function our core responsibilities include: Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of P&L and Balance Sheet reporting; Monitoring the trade booking and valuation of transactions; Recording within the official books and records. The scope is across the Whole Business encompassing IBD, EM Rates & FX, Credit and Equities. Product Control provides insight to management on trading activity, working closely with traders to understand their trading strategies and risks. We assure the integrity, completeness and accuracy of all trading Profit and Loss (P&L) positions and related corporate data.
- Take ownership, and be accountable for the timely and accurate calculation, verification, reporting of Daily P&L.
- Interaction with Trading, Middle Office, Treasury and other functions to resolve booking, valuation, and financial resource enquiries and issues.
- Analysis, explanation and validation of P&L according to risk positions, market moves, new trades and other influences facilitating periodic P&L commentaries.
- Undertake critical reviews of trading activity with the objective of highlighting significant items to senior management.
- Undertake various month end procedure, inclusive of Balance Sheet substantiation.
- From time to time, the individual will be expected to actively engage in new initiatives and other projects.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, economics or mathematics. Further professional qualifications, eg. CFA, CPA, CIMA, ACA or master’s degree, are advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a product control position covering Structured Credit products is an advantage.
- Understanding of Global Market products.
- Individual will be a proven self - starter showing initiative to address issues as they arise and confidence in analyzing and presenting complex financial data.
- Strong communication skills for effective interaction with front office, middle office and operations colleagues
- Proactive team player with the ability to navigate effectively across multiple stakeholders and display leadership qualities to bring stakeholders together to achieve the desired result
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills, combined with well-developed inter-personal skills, and independent
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.