(CONTRACT) - Regulatory Reporting Business Analyst, Finance (12 months)
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
The Hong Kong based Accounting Project & Systems (APS) Team is responsible to manage the development and support of the core accounting system for the APAC Finance & Control function within the Investment Banking arm of BNPP. Typical projects include system upgrade/new product implementation, testing of trade feeds from various upstream systems (trading and back office systems), implementing accounting system/data warehouse components upgrades, maintaining reporting systems static settings.
Within APS, the Regulatory Reporting Project team provides business analysis services to the APAC Finance users to meet their local regulatory obligations. Major activities include requirements analysis, documentation, system testing and post implementation support.
The Regulatory Reporting team is ramping up to about 20 members to address the ambitious project of standardizing the activity for APAC region. This long term project (more than 3 years remaining) involves reporting of Balance Sheet, P&L, Capital and a more recent and intense focus on liquidity, especially Basel III LCR requirement.
Regional Regulatory Reporting Project:
- Be the key player in the strategic project for the bank in all APAC locations
- Drive the user requirements gathering process and the analysis accordingly
- Identify the project priority/ constraint for the project plan
- Act as a bridge between end user and IT / Vendor
- Prepare the system specification & documentation (e.g. function spec, user guide)
- Challenge practices and streamline processes
- Contribute to a long term sustainable design
- Perform/support system testing (e.g. SIT & UAT)
- Get exposure within the BNPP group by reporting progress to stakeholders
- Provide support to resolve production incident raised by end user
- Identify the root cause of the incident by applying sound error tracing techniques
- Liaise with the related parties (e.g. IT, Operations, Front Office) to resolve the incident in a timely manner
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Essential Knowledge / Skills:
- Background in Finance function with an understanding of accounting principals
- Understanding of banking operations, Systems and front to back system framework
- Analytical, lateral thinker and result-oriented person with good problem solving and conflict management skills
- Fluency in English (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Self-initiative and good team player
- Able to understand complex financial system architecture [Preferred skill]
- Project management skills and interest for process reengineering [Nice to
- Technical tools for functional investigation
Specific Experience & Qualifications Required
- Degree in Accounting, Computing or any other related subjects
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Accounting, Audit, IT, Project Management related roles
- Experience working in project teams
- Knowledge of Accounting Systems (ERP systems like SAP, General Ledger Sourcing) will be an advantage
- CPA, CFA or other related professional certificates
- Experience with Data warehousing / Business Intelligence/ Data Modeling
- Regulatory/ Financial reporting exposure (HKMA, MAS or other APAC regulators; Basel rules)
- Other Computer skills :
MS Access / Excel Macro / Programming Language