(CONTRACT) - Regulatory Reporting Contractor, Finance (12 months)
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
- Supports Local Finance in the provision of local Regulatory Reporting services to ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements.
- In particular purpose is to free up time of existing team member who will need to work on an ad hoc specific project.
- The scope of services covers the HK entities.
- Preparation of the local regulatory returns prescribed by local regulator for daily, weekly and monthly.
- Preparation of the surveys and other ad hoc request.
- Perform financial analysis on key variations.
- Support queries and additional information request from regulators.
- Participates in regulatory reporting-related projects and perform user acceptance test.
- Perform back up functions within regulatory reporting team and Local Finance team.
- Ensure proper documentation for audit trails and update of SOP for the returns prepared.
- Contribute to BNPP internal permanent control framework
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- At least 7 years' experience working in Finance department of Bank
- Strong knowledge in HKMA return requirements and experience in HKMA return preparation
- Rigorous and organized
- Responsible and willing to go extra miles
- Able to work under stress
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and logical thinking skills