Cash Equity Front Office Support, IT
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
The ECA TS team provides support for the Cash Equity execution platforms, including market connectivity.
- Main business contact for day-to-day technology issues / requirements for the Cash Equity business.
- Understanding the Equities business flow and providing expert application consultation and support to the Front Office and Middle Office.
- Working hand-in-hand with Front & Middle Office to support trading, P&L and booking of the trades from an application perspective.
- Develop key application expertise on the Global Equities suite of applications, working with regional/global teams
- Ad-hoc reporting for Front and Middle Office.
- Participate in key projects for expansion of the business to ensure seamless implementation.
- Ensuring the operate stability of the application suite and making sure that system capacity is actively managed.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of Equity/derivative products.
- Experience of working in front office trading environment
- Strong technical skills (Unix, SQL, excel)
- Rapid Application Development experience preferable using Excel.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in Equity trading support
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under extreme pressure and stress
- Ability to lead and drive multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work closely with sponsors, users and other technology partners
- Self-driven and able to work independently
- Positive Attitude and Enthusiastic
- Emphasis on communication skills and confidence in high pressure environment
- Experience in change controls, incident management
- Prepared to get involved in all aspects of a project and team management to ensure success.
- Structured approach to decision making based on rational analysis.
- Become a partner to the business and other technology teams
- Be able to effectively manage and identified project risk and timeliness of project deliverables.