- Competitive package
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 18 Apr 17
The new hire will assist the APAC Treasury team in managing the liquidity of the WFIF entities in APAC and in reporting the liquidity condition to APAC ALCO under increasing regulatory oversight.
With the acquisition of the Asian entities of GE Capital (CDF business), balance sheets in APAC are expected to grow in terms of size and complexity. These factors, combined with increased regulatory oversight and the continuous evolution of risk management and reporting, are driving the requirement to add talented and motivated team members. The new hire will assist the APAC Treasury team in managing the liquidity of the WFIF entities in APAC and in reporting the liquidity condition to APAC ALCO under increasing regulatory oversight.
- Active participant in asset and liability management processes of the balance sheets of WFIF in APAC (“the entities”) by driving balance sheet efficiency to manage and monitor interest rate and liquidity risks.
- Support the execution of funding and FX transactions for the entities.
- Provide advisory to APAC Asset and Liability Committee and related committees, support them on materials on balance sheet data and follow on ALCO decisions
- Maintain close partnership with business leaders in WFIF (CDF).
- Ensure compliance of the entities with internal and regulatory liquidity and capital requirements
- Ensure Treasury activities and set up Treasury processes in compliance with accounting principles and Treasury policies
- Perform liquidity stress testing and contingency funding tests
- University degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5 years of relevant experience is required
- Accounting experience is preferred
- Sound knowledge on asset and liability management
- Sound knowledge on relevant regulatory requirements including Basel III requirements is preferred
- Good knowledge with Excel (VBA, Macros) is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English and Mandarin / Cantonese
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.