Fund Accounting Officer
- Competitive Basic Salary + Bonus + Benefits
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Alter Domus
- 24 Apr 17
Independent and possessing more than twenty years' experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 1000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
You will be responsible for a assisting with the accounting and full administration of a portfolio of Alter Domus clients and will act as a liaison and point of contact for all matters relating to the account. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Handling the fund accounts and preparation of periodic reports and regulatory reports for the fund entities;
- Preparing the funds’ periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Coordinate and arranging investor servicing, including investor on-boarding, capital calls, distributions as well as issuance of shareholder statements;
- Taking an active part in the initial setup of any new funds take-on and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the set up process;
- Assisting with the preparation and collation of Know Your Customer and Client Due Diligence files;
- Pro-actively take on additional responsibilities and tasks as required by your senior officers, managers or clients;
- Supporting Senior Officers and Managers in ensuring quality work is delivered to the client.
- Strong academic background.
- Newly qualified/partially qualified Accountant (e.g. HKICPA/ACCA/CPAA/AICPA/CIMA/ACA).
- Prior knowledge or experience of working in financial services, especially with alternative investment funds (including Private Equity and Real Estate funds) is desirable.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese. Fluency in any other Asian languages, such as Japanese, or Korean will be considered as an asset.
- You possess team spirit with the ability to work independently using your own initiative when appropriate.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines.
- You are mature, and detail-oriented.
- High level of IT literacy with strong Excel and Word skills.
- Knowledge of eFront and Yardi systems would be a distinct advantage.