Head of Client Integration and Prioritization Team
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 25 Jul 17
Head of Client Integration and Prioritization Team
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Reporting to the Regional head of Client Onboarding and KYC, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing, developing and leading a team of onboarding specialists responsible for the onboarding of corporate and institutional clients, with a strong focus on Global markets' business.
The candidate will be accountable for ensuring an efficient, smooth, and commercially-driven on-boarding experience for our clients. this will require proactive monitoring the process from request initiation to operational set up, seeking opportunities to reduce cycle times to enhance the client's On-boarding experience whilst ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
The role holder will act as a senior point of contact for clients, internal business partners and key stakeholders.
Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities
- Support front office across the Global Banking and Investor Solutions of Societe Generale in Asia ("GBIS" - Corporate and Investment Banking) with regards to on-boarding new and maintaining existing clients, with a strong focus on global markets-related activities. Through this process, the candidate should also be able to optimize the commercial experience and detect any business opportunities.
- Serve as the single point of contact for Front Office Sales and internal teams for queries surrounding the on-boarding of clients.
- Act as the clients' point of contact by addressing their issues and concerns and providing resolutions to their on-boarding queries in line with our internal policies, the regulatory environment and market practices.
- Work in partnership with the business lines, key internal stakeholders and senior management to establish and manage the priority of all on-boarding requests.
- Work with the KYC, Legal and Credit teams in obtaining document requirements for the initiation of on-boarding the client.
- Request all client reference data and ensuring the correct reference data set-up of the client in SG systems ans application(s), including the necessary regulatory requirements (Dodd Frank, EMIR)
- Participate in regular meetings with Head of Sales to review issues and the progress on files.
- Lead and arrange internal meetings with all stakeholders to identify, mediate, facilitate and resolve any blocking point in the on-boarding process.
- Escalate recurrent issues surrounding the on-boarding process to Senior Management for resolution.
- Liase with global project teams and regional stakeholders on implementation of strategic on-boarding tools.
- Identify gaps in policies and processes and liase as necessary with stakeholders for resolution.
- By challenging Sales requests and following up NBI generation and effective trade dates, you will take part of MARK cost rationalization.
As an on-boarding process expert, you will be:
- Accountable for the end-to-end coordination of urgent and/or highly critical and/or complex on-boarding requests in line with SG policies, the regulatory environment and market practice
- The escalation point for blocked or time sensitive cases
- In charge of preparing support for arbitration committees when case remains unsolved
In this context, you will have to work closely with your colleagues located in other regions (AMER/PAC), work hand in hand with other on-boarding coordinators and interact with all other stakeholders participating in on-boarding process such as (but not limited to) Front office, RISK, SEGL/JUR and KYC experts as well as clients.
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
- Comprehensive understanding of the On-boarding process at an Investment Bank.
- Previous client facing experience - either front office or in on-boarding capacity
- Sound experience in Global Markets activities. Comprehensive understanding of investment banking infrastructure and businesses/products.
- Sound understanding of the lifecycle of an on-boarding request from the inception to the moment the client is " ready to trade"
- Extensive knowledge of Master agreements related to capital market transactions (ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA)
- Sound understanding of the Credit risk profile of teh client base
- Genral understanding of the Regulatory environment across multiple jurisdictions in Asia as well as US, UK and EU regulatory rules
Client Driven Approach
- Ensure a smooth and seamless on-boarding process for our clients and front office
- Try as much as possible to identify any business opportunities (X-Selling)
- Be pro active and solution oriented on all your on-boarding requests
- Have strong aptitude to multi-tasking
- Respect on-boarding guidelines, processes and use on boarding tools
- Identify potential bottle necks which could result into major delays
- Be able to provide recurrent and frequent progress status
- Optimize the negotiation time with all stakeholders
- Update regularly FO regarding status of his/her request
Autonomy & Responsibility
- Show strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Identify quickly issues and address them to the right people and the right level for decision making and resolution
- Escalate recurrent issues surrounding the on-boarding process to Management and Pilot
Oral and Written Communication, ability to:
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and/or client including senior management by providing appropriate and tailored information in a timely manner
- Summarize key messages when speaking to clients or when escalating issues
IT / Office
- Be able to analyse data using Office or similar tools
- Be able to prepare accurate and efficient documentation supports for decisions to be taken or presentations to be read by FO / RISK / SEGL/JUR senior management
Good Knowledge of Environment
- Derivatives product knowledge
- MARK organization and other departments involved (RISK, OPER, SEGL)
- Notions of regulatory, legal and risk
- Industry knowledge (Asset Management, Hedge Fund)
- Language : English : Fluent and any other local Asian language is an advantage
- BA, BS, MA or MS from a competitive University/College
Behavioural Competency Required:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to deal with all levels of the client organization and within a bank structure
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- A good sense of urgency and aptitude for multi-tasking, quickly identifying issues and escalating to the appropriate level for resolution
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, including senior management, by providing appropriate and tailored information in a timely manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and regulatory environment