IT Support Analyst
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 22 Aug 17
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We're looking for someone like that to:
– support the O'Connor Hedge Fund business across numerous technical domains and applications
– uphold high standards for timely incident resolution and problem management
– contribute expertise to the management of existing and new financial IT products and services
– work towards continuous improvements on both applications and processes
– maintain knowledge bases
– Problem Resolution - reactive problem investigation, diagnosis & resolution. Participate in post mortem activities for any breaks in system availability. Carry out root cause analysis of problems and implement solutions to prevent repeat reoccurrence.
– Problem Analysis - carry out trend analysis to identify recurring problems. Take the necessary actions to resolve the issues to prevent repeat occurrence.
– Change Management - participate in change review meetings (Change Authorisation Forum) to review Application Development and ITI changes impacting defined application sets.
– Application Management Standards - define and implement best practice operational standards (e.g. standardised monitoring, logging, escalation, scheduling). Work with Application Development Managers from the outset of a new project to ensure that it is implemented in line with current standards.
– Application Availability - partner IT Infrastructure and Application Development to proactively improve application serviceability, reliability and scalability.
– Product Evaluation & Implementation - work with Architecture team and IT Infrastructure to identify and implement new products that will increase operational robustness and efficiency.
– Technical Documentation – maintain knowledge database, review and amend technical documentation such as support and disaster recovery procedures to ensure that they are kept up to date.
– Batch Management - resolve batch problems. Optimise batches by improving efficiency and implementing scheduling changes.
– Performance Monitoring & Enhancement - work with IT Infrastructure to ensure that all relevant metrics for server performance and capacity are available. Use metrics to maintain and enhance system performance.
– Staff Development & Training - mentor junior staff in resolution of complex issues. Provide technical training and guidance to other members of team.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working on the App Support team in Singapore/Hong Kong, supporting the Asset Management - O'Connor Hedge Fund business. The role is to provide escalated and specialized support ensuring a stable production environment and working towards continuous improvement across the entire application estate.
Your experience and skills
– strong analytical and problem solving skills
– 3 years of experience in the financial services industry in an application support or related technology role
– extensive experience supporting software on multiple operating systems: Linux, Solaris, Windows Server 2008/2012
– proven hands-on experience using and supporting implementations of relational databases: MS SQL, Sybase, Oracle
– demonstrated practical knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Windows batch).
– experience with securities trading applications (OMS/EMS, P/L and risk monitoring, risk valuation, trade affirmation, performance analysis, data warehouses, security masters, risk control, and product control / accounting platforms), and an understanding of alternative financial asset classes
– familiarity with the ITIL approach to service management, particularly Incident, Problem and Knowledge management
– a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
– capable of understanding client needs and translating them into solutions
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.