Regulatory Project Manager (OTC Transformation)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 22 Aug 17
Regulatory Project Manager (OTC Transformation)
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The candidate will report directly to APAC head of regulatory operations and will manage projects within the OTC transformation program. She/he will work in close relation with APAC/Paris/London/India teams.
Hong Kong-based Project Manager to work on the Margining and Mandatory Clearing streams of the OTC transformation program. Coordinating between different teams for distinct systems; liaising closely with business users, legal, risk, operation and technology teams and managing delivery from inception to completion and be part of a global governance.
The candidate must have experience in managing large scale projects with practical knowledge of defining business cases, resource planning, requirement gathering, implementation and milestone tracking, test planning and other project management skill sets. The successful candidate will be capable of performing detailed business analysis/scoping (either on their own or through a team of analysts) in order to understand and resolve current issues and develop/define the future state vision. This will require the individual to influence at senior levels, while also being skilled at extracting requirements from subject matter experts (Operations, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Sales and Trading).
Hands-on approach with strong technical background. Experience working closely with IT and operation teams is paramount. Exceptional communication skills and strong influencing skills: the ability to drive through change.
The Responsibilities Include
- Gather requirements from a wide-array of stakeholders (FO, Legal, Compliance, Operations, IT, etc);
- Participate to industry working group (ISDA, ASIFMA…)
- Contribute to the design and/or enhancement of business processes;
- Conduct a gap analysis and impact analysis;
- Drive the design of business solutions and/or contribute to the development of requirements;
- Write Business Requirements Documents and test cases;
- Syndicate and validate solutions proposals with a wide-array of stakeholders (Legal, Compliance, Operations, IT, etc);
- Follow-up on development plans and implementation, participate in solving issues and escalate issues and blocking points;
- Perform UATs and organize/conduct UAT sessions with stakeholders;
- Be able to manage the project reporting with the help of the program manager
- Enhance and maintain transversal artifacts created as part of the documentation base for the Program; and
- Develop and extend knowledge of the regulatory rules and associated solutions.
- Knowledge of/experience in the financial industry
- Knowledge of/experience with OTC Derivatives products
- Knowledge of OTC Regulation especially on Clearing and Margining
- Knowledge of/experience with Trading Lifecycle Event / Clearing / Collateral Management
- Knowledge of/experience in Project Management
- Understanding of Software Development lifecycles
- Use of Microsoft Office tools with ease, including Visio
- Ability to assimilate, analyze and communicate a wide variety of information
- Ability to break down a problem into constituent parts
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people on site as well as people in remote locations (APAC, Paris, London, India)
- Analytical and Problem solving skills Extremely organized, disciplined person and has the ability to work to strict timescales.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organization skills
- Must be dependable and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous work-streams, dealing with multiple stakeholders and managing across numerous initiatives as well as ensure timely and robust delivery
- Good communicator and attention to the detail
- Strong and clear communication (verbal and written), ability to adjust communication style to audience
- Degree in Finance, Information Systems, Technology or other related field
- Significant regulatory transformation experience
- Banking/Investment/Financial services experience
Prior Work Experience
- 8+ years of work experience
- Experience working as PM for a Top Tier Investment Bank
- Experience in any of the following fields: clearing, collateral, risk management, OTC derivative products
- Strong delivery record - to challenging time-scales
- Proven ability to lead teams and leverage this for maximum efficiency