Regulatory Reporting Analyst
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Limited
- 21 Apr 17
Department Description The Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for the identification, preparation and submission of regulatory ownership reports on behalf of Fidelity entities in compliance with various regulatory requirements, including substantial shareholder requirements, takeovers, short-selling and industry specific requirements.
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. We are a privately owned, independent company, with the commitment and resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be a part of our future at www.fidelityrecruitment.com/asia-pacific/about-us
All of our people must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Innovation - Being willing to experiment and try new and better ways to serve our clients.
Integrity - Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of our clients.
Excellence - Striving to be the best while knowing we can always be better next time.
All of our people must be able to operate in accordance with our behaviours:
Commitment - We are committed to our clients and proud to work for Fidelity. We push through obstacles to make things happen; we make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. We are individually committed to building a culture of excellence.
Collaboration - We collaborate with colleagues, seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional thinking. This approach allows us to create a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts.
Client Focus - We are expected to, and measured on, our ability to put our client first. We go the extra mile to understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations. We listen carefully, we communicate clearly, and we're quick to respond. We're respectful of the trust placed in us to manage their money.
The Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for the identification, preparation and submission of regulatory ownership reports on behalf of Fidelity entities in compliance with various regulatory requirements, including substantial shareholder requirements, takeovers, short-selling and industry specific requirements. These filings are required to be made on a timely basis to individual companies, stock exchanges and regulators within Asian jurisdictions, principally Japan, South East Asia and Korea. The team also research data issues, legislative changes and process improvement requiring liaison with internal departments to mitigate against incorrect disclosure and better data feeds.
Purpose of your role
Reporting to the Head of Regulatory Reporting, Asia Pacific, you will be responsible for the identification, preparation and submission of regulatory ownership filings accurately and on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the identification, preparation and submission of regulatory ownership filings accurately and on a timely basis
- Responsible for legal/regulatory research and analysis of shareholder disclosure obligations, regulated industries and limits within various jurisdictions
- Proactively identifies, resolves and communicates compliance and regulatory reporting issues and ad-hoc holding disclosure requests
- Assists in formulating and implementing procedures to ensure operational effectiveness
- Assists in producing reports for management information
- Performs administrative tasks to ensure records are in good order and comply with record retention requirements
- Establishes effective working relationships with other functional areas and data providers for timely receipt of information required for the completion of daily tasks
- Responsible for checking that daily processes have been completed to a high standard