Senior Credit Manager, International Corporates, HK
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 11 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
- To ensure that the quality of the corporate credit portfolio of Corporate, Institutional and Commercial Hong Kong is maintained within acceptable parameters, as defined by the Credit Initiation & Approval Plicy and country Portfolio standards (PS), and that the reporting of information relating to that portfolio is timely and accurate.
- To instil a strong credit culture by setting the highest standards and demanding that these are maintained by all Business teams in country.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Inform the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgement on the external environment
- Communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function
- Maintain and develop the Function's risk capabilities, and skills to meet ongoing business needs and plans
- Supervise all processes where a member of the Function is the identified first line process owner
- Ensure effective management of the operational risks within the Function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Function's risk management processes
- Help coaching the junior credit managers, with an aim to nurture the next generation of senior credit managers
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of the Function from those whose primary responsibility is to maximise short-term revenues and profits
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of the Function's people Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the business and across the wider organisation
- Ensuring that the quality of Group Mandates, Business Credit Applications (BCAs) and other credit submissions meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Approving breaches of Local Portfolio Standards, to the extent permitted by Corporate, Institutional and Commercial Credit Policy.
- Formulating and obtaining approval of Portfolio Standards which is supportive (from credit risk perspective) of the business strategy of various segments
- Ensuring credit related issues be timely raised to Senior Credit Officer with all necessary suggestions for rectifications
- Assisting Senior Credit Officer on timely submission of portfolio reviews and ensure accuracy of International Corporates credit portfolio data as and when required. Ensure EAR process is adhered to and take an active part in the monthly EAR discussions. Assisting relationship managers in identification and managing up or out of accounts exhibiting signs of deterioration and assist Group Special Assets Management, where appropriate, in managing accounts to maximise recoveries and minimise losses.
- Ensure compliance to the Operational Risk framework including the effective application of risk toolkit (self-assessments, KRIs, KCSs, etc) and reporting.
- Initiate or assist stress tests as required by internal and external factors and review results and assess their implications
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy
- Direct appropriate response to material events or other risk issues that come to the SCO's attention
- Exercise risk control responsibility for Credit Risk, Corporate, Institutional and Commercial, Hong Kong
- Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to Senior Credit Officer and/or Function as appropriate
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of risk management and ensure these are well understood internally
- Actively participate in key committees or forums (if invited)
- Ensure first line process owners understand and accept their risk management responsibilities
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators (if applicable)
- Provide a reference point on credit systems for collating and passing on to Group Technology and Operations problems and proposed enhancements.
- Increasing working profits through effective management of the loan asset portfolio in order to help develop the franchise in a sustainable way and minimise provisions.
- Maximizing Economic Revenue through effective management of the risk/reward relationships.
- Maintaining credit quality and standards of professionalism for the risk function.
- Ensure effective implementation of Group Policies / Circulars / Procedures.
- Undertake regular customer visits to better understand the business environment
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 28/02/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.