Senior Manager/Manager, Corporate Accounting
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Principal Insurance Company (Hong Kong) Limited
- 21 Apr 17
Establish, analyze and supervise accounting procedures and preparation of the overall financial reporting and information that contribute to the accounting and reporting and control functions to ensure integrity of information and protection of assets and capital.
- Ensure internal control procedures are established and followed. Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, covering monthly, quarterly and year end close. Ensure licensed corporations are FRR compliant at all times. Handle two sets of financial reports prepared in accordance with HK accounting standards and US GAAP.
- Oversee the daily production and month end close processes including general ledger close, consolidations, internal & external reporting, accounting controls and procedures. Supervise staff and monitor daily operations. Perform staff development activities such as performance appraisals, training and mentoring.
- Coordinate annual independent audit including preparing financial statements which are audited. Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Select, train, motivate, and develop a knowledgeable and productive staff, which includes performance appraisals, development plans, salary administration, and conflict resolution. Maintain a general, familiar, consistent leadership presence
- Perform other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with professional accountancy qualification;
- At least 10 years of financial accounting and audit experience in the financial industry with 4 years at management level. Candidates with prior Big 4 working experience are highly desirable;
- Solid working knowledge of US GAAP and HK accounting standards, internal controls and financial reporting is required;
- Hands-on experience in PeopleSoft Financials is highly preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well with people from diverse background;
- Strong people management, organizational and influencing skills with the ability to coach and motivate team members and foster strong team work;
- Flexible, energetic and adapt positively to changes and difficulties;
- Native fluency in English is desirable;
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel and Word.
Candidates with more experience will be considered as Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting.
Please apply in confidence with full resume, current and expected salary, date of availability and quoting reference no. ACCM0417 in the subject line and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. All information received will be kept in strict confidentiality and for recruitment purpose only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.