Tax - Business Tax Services - Tax Audit and Investigation - Senior Manager/Manager
- To Be Discussed
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 29 Apr 17
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
Our business tax services help clients succeed by assisting them with the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions, analyzing tax opportunities and benefits that can be attained by them, assisting clients in identifying and managing strategic opportunities and risks that relate to significant prospective planning, and providing tax-related domestic and cross-border planning and compliance assistance to business-connected individuals and their associated entities. Be part of a global team that helps build sustainable tax strategies; assesses, improves and monitors tax functions’ processes, controls and risk management; and supports clients in managing effective relationships with tax authorities.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As a Business Tax Advisory Senior Manager/Manager, your main objective is to achieve business growth by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key business decision-makers, informing them of our scope of services and communicating how these services benefit their organizations. You will manage business tax advisory engagements; particularly assist in the resolution of tax audit and investigation projects. The works involve in identifying and mitigating tax risks and exposures; assisting in formulating strategies and approach, making technical contributions in order to achieve tax savings for clients and speed up the closure of tax disputes.
- Lead business tax advisory engagements in particular tax audit and investigation projects
- Project manage a team effectively, share responsibility, provide support, maintain communication and update Partners on progress
- Review and prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with client personnel, actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships
- Manage engagement economics and communicate significant issues, fees and estimates-to-complete to Partners and clients
- Assist Partners in generating new business opportunities and develop client networks and relationships
- Build strong internal relationships within the business tax compliance team and across other service teams
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you will escalate issues to Partners as appropriate, and contribute to presenting our work and findings to clients
- Facilitate the proper execution and documentation in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines
- Participate in creating a positive learning culture, coaching and counseling junior team members to help them develop
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor's degree preferably in accounting
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in tax or related accounting fields for Senior Manager and 5 years of relevant experience for Manager
- Excellent managerial, organizational, project management, analytical, and verbal/written communication skills
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Commercial, legislative and industry knowledge
- Ability to apply our global compliance process and tools
- Ability to apply Q&RM procedures
- Fluent English and Cantonese