We're looking for someone that can help us with:
– Dealing with complex FATCA, AEI (Automatic Exchange of Information) also known as CRS (Common Reporting Standard) and QI (Qualified Intermediary) topics related to client documentation, reporting and withholding
– Providing support / advice to business in complying with local and global FATCA, AEI and QI regulations and internal FATCA, AEI and QI policies and procedures related to complex circumstances
– Providing internal guidance on how FATCA, AEI and QI regulations impact UBS and how to implement compliant solutions
– Participating in industry consultations on FATCA, AEI and QI regulations
– Assisting in group-wide FATCA, AEI and QI audits
– Advising on general US tax withholding issues on client transactions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the APAC FATCA, AEI and QI Competence Center in Hong Kong as a member of the global tax team. Our role is to provide the different functions globally involved in FATCA, AEI and QI with support and advice to ensure compliance with local law and internal policies. We deal directly with internal and external stakeholders and clients such as client advisors, project leaders and operational support staff.
Your experience and skills
– Bachelor's degree or above (preferably legal/tax/financial background)
– 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience and at least 3 years of operational experience with some involvement in FATCA, AEI, and/or QI
– Experience of local & -international operational tax regulations and the ability to interpret and apply them to actual situations and/or tax advisory experience – ideally working with or for global financial institutions
– Effective team working / collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts as part of a global team across many jurisdictions
– Sound judgment and an inquisitive approach to practices and procedures
– Personal authority and integrity
– Independence and resilience
– A good communicator
– Fluent in English and Chinese
- Ability to read and speak Mandarin as this role is required to support the China market
– Well organized, with a sharp eye for details
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.