Head of Finance - Vice President
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 24 Aug 17
Head of Finance - Vice President
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
The CFO for Malaysia is responsible for all Finance-related activities, which includes, preparing and submitting various regulatory returns to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and drive implementation of regulator changes affecting Finance. Ensures compliance with Inland Revenue Board (IRB) and Royal Malaysian Customs Department (RMCD) regulations which includes computing, paying and filing of corporate tax and GST returns. Coordinates the annual audit by the statutory auditors (PWC) and completing the Annual financial statements. Attends all Board meetings and ensures that Financial Statement approvals and other Finance and Regulatory related matters are brought to the Board's attention and approval if required. Resolves financial issues and coordinates activities and processes within the business. Identifies, analyzes and resolves complex problems related to Finance. Ensures proper communication and compliance of company and regulatory policies affecting the department. Directly manages the team of associates. Managerial experience and proven success across Finance, including tax and regulatory reporting is required.
- Preparing financials under IFRS and US GAAP
- Overseeing the Accounting, Month-end close, Finalization of Annual Audit, etc.
- Regulatory reporting for all legal entities of the Bank
- Submission of data to Regional reporting team for US GAAP consolidation
- Management Reporting and variance analysis
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Monitoring & Supervising all reporting requirements Supporting in Systems Implementation
- Leading change management in Finance
- Qualified accountant, with experience in preparing Financials, Regulatory reporting, Management accounting, Financial analysis & planning and Tax matters preferably with multinational operating environments such as Local and Foreign Banks, Audit firms (Big 4's; Grand Thornton, etc.), Financial sector (Accenture, etc.)
- Knowledge of local GAAP/IFRS, Central bank regulations, Regulatory reporting and Tax matters.
- Possess advanced knowledge of Excel and preferably exposure to systems such as Oracle, SAP etc.
- Problem solving abilities, attention to detail, strong work ethic and multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure and fast changing environment
- Ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical mindset with attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt and flexibility to adjust to new business requirements
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently, ability to adapt to dynamic changes, and be a good team player
- Leadership and project management skills
- High integrity and good track record
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines independently
- Good oral & written communication skills, interpersonal and relationship management skills
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 23/05/2017
Location: MY--Kuala Lumpur
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 39