APAC IT Infrastructure & Production: Windows System Administrator (VMWare / Citrix / VDI / Windows)
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
This role is for a technical support position and requires excellent technical knowledge matched by a "can do" hands-on attitude, focusing on the Bank's Regional VMware infrastructure. The successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic IT team and will work with other IT teams in Asia. The responsibilities include:
- Managing and supporting Microsoft Windows Servers and Virtual Infrastructure with a strong focus on the virtual servers, virtual desktop and virtual application environment.
- Assisting with design and implementation on a major virtualization project to revamp VMware clusters in Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan.
- Troubleshooting issues and resolving them in a methodical and timely fashion according to strict policies and procedures.
- Performing maintenance duties such as server patching, remediating OS vulnerabilities, and asset management.
- Performing proactive System Performance Monitoring and Capacity Management.
- Supporting local, regional and global projects.
- Able to work shifts and occasional weekends.
- Being available on a 24/7 basis and be willing to travel within Singapore at short notice to perform maintenance and support duties outside of regular business hours.
- Diligently follow the BNPP operational permanent control framework, security and MAS regulations and procedures.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
Candidate must have:
- At least 5 years' experience preferably within a Banking / Financial Institution environment.
- Proven experience supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, and familiar with Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Office applications.
- VMware Certification is mandatory - VCP as a minimum Professional qualification is required. VCAP is preferred.
- Proven experience supporting a large VMware vSphere environment.
- Have development skills in Powershell scripting to help automate support tasks.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Must have an expressive personality and be able to write clear technical documentation and operating procedures.
- Possess experience and knowledge of server hardware from Tier 1 manufacturers.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with monitoring software.
- Strong knowledge and experience of technologies such as Domains, Group Policies, Effective permissions, DNS, Registries, DHCP, WINS, Firewalls, ICP, Proxy servers and other network devices.
- Experience defining and executing Disaster Recovery and Business Contingency Plans
- Be service-oriented, customer-focused, positive, committed and have an enthusiastic 'can do' attitude.
- Great time keeping skills and attention to detail is essential.
- Flexibility to do shift work and some weekends or late after office hours at short notice.
- The ability to perform deep dive analysis of issues and be able to quickly resolve complex problems.
- Must be independent, organized, self-motivated, responsible, able to complete tasks with little or no supervision.
- Relishes taking ownership, being totally hands-on and comfortable directly interfacing with people at all levels of the organization.
- Able to follow the company's standards, processes and procedures.
- Knows ITIL concepts and can apply them effectively.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) qualification is a bonus.
- Project Management skills a bonus. A professional qualification in Project Management would definitely be an advantage.
- Experience supporting VSAN, iSCSI, DAS, NAS, SAN storage technologies with Windows Servers.
- Knowledge and experience in Visual Basic or Visual Studio.
- Knowledge and experience with HEAT / Lumension Patchlink and BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping.