Analyst, Business Finance
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 11 Apr 17
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
* To support the business Heads for Wealth in all aspects of strategic planning, decision making, productivity improvements & performance management
* Support the business and finance in relevant projects
* Ensure compliance towards internal & external guidelines/policies/standards and set effective & efficient control & risk management framework to manage these
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Strategic Planning: Partner relevant business heads in the development of strategy and its translation into specific operational & financial plans.
* Business Decisions: Provide the business with options, recommendations and clear financial consequences based on robust analysis and a transparent decision making framework.
* Performance Management: Continuously provide a balanced view of business performance against agreed external & internal benchmarks to drive optimal decisions, superior performance and appropriate rewards.
* Balance Sheet Management: Partner the business in developing a deep understanding of the key drivers of balance sheet and to maintain an optimal balance sheet structure which balances capital efficiency, liquidity, risk and funding costs.Risk Management: Actively participate in the group's Risk Management Framework and through its value generation roles, ensures that financial risk is identified, measured & mitigated.
* Cost Management & Productivity: Have a full grip on cost levers through effective and analytical cost monitoring. Ensure costs & investments are aligned to business strategy, deliver targeted returns and that a culture of continuous productivity improvement is embedded in business processes.
* Budgeting Forecasting & Reporting Cycle: Provide an efficient budgeting, forecasting & reporting platform which delivers accurate business information in the shortest cycle time and at lowest cost, to release capacity for value creation activities.
Qualifications and Skills
* Relevant Financial Planning & Analysis experience in supporting business financial analysis, preferably with experience in Retail/Private Banking.
* A strong team player and team management experience & strong stakeholder
* Be able to work under tight deadlines & prioritised competing tasks
* Sound business communication skills (Verbal & Written)
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 28/04/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.