- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 03 Jul 17
Business Solution Manager
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The Enterprise Data Management team, is seeking a "Business Solution Manager" to manage the CIB Projects for a role based in Singapore. The candidate would be expected to implemented /managed the enterprise wide projects.
The candidate should be a technologist with a passion for CIB Business (Trade, Payments, Collections, Financial Markets) and possess broad and good understanding of Databases & Big Data , primarily Hadoop.
The role will require on-going engagement with a broad constituency across the bank, dealing with teams in both technology and business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Primarily responsible for managing / overseeing multiple project implementations, Change Requests and Version convergence
* Responsible to provide direction on solution from a standard product / architecture perspective
* Responsible to participate in key decision making and liaise with business stakeholders
* Responsible to provide necessary guidance to the team and ensure timely delivery
* Responsible to ensure core team is developed with required skills to provide solutions across projects
* Responsible to provide guidance on standardisation of interfaces with other applications; the role holder is able to visualize and provide roadmap and strategy in terms of product evolution, foot print across the bank /business for the application.
* Responsible to guide the team in all the banking domain areas for eg - Core banking , Financial markets, Credit products , Trade products and General ledger reconciliations
* Responsible for superior stakeholder management and helps the team to collect the requirements/help to fine tune the requirements.
* Responsible and helps the team for delivering the Functional specification to the development team while collating the requirements from the various stakeholders
* This role will provide hands-on management and guidance for the development team from a requirements perspective. The role needs to have deep knowledge in BI Modelling, Design preferably with Teradata.
* Responsible to establish relationships with key business constituencies and serve as an advocate for business intelligence deliverables across multiple departments; liaison between business and other technical areas.
* Responsible to guide the team to analyze, define, and document business and functional requirements for ongoing projects, with orientation toward phased approach based on rapidly evolving needs.
* Responsible to act as a representative to the business in day to day matters around the use and the quality of data.
* Responsible to impact analyse and communicate production data issues and other data warehouse issues impacting users.
* Responsible to manage the change request effectively and efficiently during the project delivery with all the agreed controls
* Responsible to align with standard bank process and ensure there are no deviations
Qualifications and Skills
- PMP certification is required
- Excellent Project Management experience required
- Ability to write SQL queries
- UNIX knowledge is an added advantage.
- Ability to work in distributed teams.
- Post graduate degree in the area of computer science/MBA
- 10+ years of experience in banking domain/product knowledge with IT working experience
- Previous business solution head experience is mandatory
- Good communication and Stakeholder management skills
- Good strategic thinking with lot of project/delivery experience
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.