Corporate Banking Ops: Project Management Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
P osition Purpose
The Project Office is a transversal team supporting and reporting on the ITO Corporate Banking activities in APAC.contect.
Our main responsibilities are:
- To coordinate the yearly forecast and budget exercise across APAC
- To monitor closely the expenses and recruitments against the budget
- To track the Projects Portfolio KPIs and highlight any project at risk, delayed or over-budget
- To secure the usage of the project management tool for CB ITO APAC scope
- To ensure usage of appropriate tools, processes and guidelines within the department
- To support the Management in preparation of steering committee documents and manage overall governance (local, regional and global)
- To liaise with the relevant teams to improve overall efficiency and communication
- Liaise with Regional Procurement team to improve the contract management process (workflow, tools, templates, approval thresholds, roles & responsibilities, etc.)
- Liaise with Regional Account Payable team to improve the invoice management process (workflow, tools, templates, approval thresholds, roles & responsibilities, etc.)
- Clarify both processes with APAC ITO CB Managers and Vendors; and coordinate with them when necessary
- Ensure that all commitment taken are within the approved budget envelop and provide monthly analysis on the spending
- Handle the original contracts hard copies signature and archiving as well as workflow in the procurement tool
- Maintain all records up to date
- Instruct Regional Account Payable team on vendors invoices booking in the invoice management tool according to the contracts
- Process intercompany invoices based on the relevant SLA and supporting documents (from BNPP Paris, London, ISPL, Hong Kong, etc.)
- Submit on a monthly basis the relevant accruals/pre-payments/provisions to be booked and analyse the Registers sent by Regional Performance Management
- Assist in controlling that Forecast and Actuals are consistent with all commitment taken
- Help in coordination and communication with all stakeholders throughout the exercise, especially with regional Performance Management, CB COO and his deputies
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Proficient in Excel
- Accounting and budgeting knowledge
- Basic understanding of Project Management and Project Portfolio Management
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work independently and under minimal supervision
- Mature and be able to work under pressure
- Follow and spread the BNPP professional behaviours which are: Commitment, Creativity, Ambition and Responsiveness
- Be proactive and put forward ideas for improving existing documents, reports, systems usage, processes, etc.
- Provide excellence in terms of quality of deliveries and quality of Service
- Previous experience in PMO function
- Experience in multi-cultural environment
- Previous experience in Banking industry would be a plus.