Engagement Manager / Project Manager / Management Consultant – Corporate research & advisory services for multinationals.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Permanent, Full time
- Excelsior Professional Search
- 16 Jan 17
Great career opportunity for a management consultant to join a nimble and flexible niche advisory and custom research firm as a project engagement manager.
The CEO of this global strategic advisory and research firm for multinationals, has recently taken the company through an investment event, and subsequently they are scaling for growth to take their global operations to “the next level”. They are a nimble entrepreneurial firm, but already established with operations and household corporate firms as clients across the Americas, EMEA and APAC. They have certainly established themselves as a niche and well respected provider of a business strategy, market intelligence and custom research solutions for multinationals, with several hundred clients including MNC’s like Toshiba, SAP, Coca Cola, Mastercard, and PepsiCo to name but a few. Advisory projects include customer market sizing / prioritization / opportunity assessments, demand planning, channel / supply chain management & optimization and business contingency planning etc for healthcare, industrials, consumer goods and technology industries.
The Singapore office for APAC coverage is well established and growing with 60+ corporate clients so far, and as part of their continued global growth plans, they are looking to hire an engagement manager for the region. In this high-profile role, you will take the lead for consulting with multinationals at head of region level, with particular responsibility for managing projects end-to-end; i.e. project scoping, proposals, building project plans and their execution including distributing work streams across consultants, research analysts and external partners, quality control, budgeting, analyst evaluation, and ultimate delivery to the client and management of client expectations etc.
Appropriate applicants will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in a business, international relations, or economics related subject.
- At least 3-5+ years of relevant work experience, ideally at a business management consultancy, corporate advisory, market intelligence or economic research type firm, or experience at a corporate within a multinational corporate strategy / market intelligence team.
- Project management experience, combined with strong client relationship / management experience.
- The ability to lead on the delivery of high level advisory & research solutions, requires someone whom can engage with MNC senior management and corporate strategists etc, “looking through their lens” as they consider local market, macro / micro economic and political factors that influence their business strategies and operations.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and understanding of research and modelling methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable presenting to senior executives.
- An analytical mindset, with a highly process and detail-orientated approach.
- The personal motivation, passion and ability to contribute to a fast-paced entrepreneurial team culture, and be excited about helping grow a business advisory practise.
This is certainly a great career opportunity to join a well-established yet nimble advisory firm, with international blue chip MNC’s as clients, a well-staffed local Singapore office, in a lead role as the first dedicated engagement manager in APAC from which your career can grow as the operation continues to grow.
Location: Singapore (work permits will be sponsored if required)
Please either apply online, or introduce yourself by email in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: engagement manager, project manager, management consultant, consultancy, advisory, corporate advisory services, economic research, blue chip, multi-nationals, MNC, market intelligence, corporate strategy, research, market intelligence, economics, supply chain, channel management