Head, Digital Portfolio Sales & Engagement
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 09 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
The role is responsible for designing the strategy and driving execution at global level of all Digital sales KPIs for existing clients. It is responsible for driving significantly higher Digital share in both ETB cross-sell and usage across Online, Mobile, ATM, SMS & email. The role leads the engagement and support, both cross-functionally as well as across geographies, on all activities impacting Digital sales on existing clients. These include driving the right product selection & CVP, designing digital client journeys from targeting to fulfilment, supporting the design of digital capabilities needed to support the journeys, defining the use of analytics for more relevant and personalised interactions, owning the governance and measurement of Digital sales for existing clients
The role entails significant complexity and scale in terms of the number of processes, procedures, countries, stakeholders and client base, pacing the rate of change to ensure quality deliverables as well as enabling seamless ETB Digital client journeys. The successful delivery of the Head Digital Portfolio Sales & Engagement role is a cornerstone of the global Retail Banking strategy and of strategic importance to our overall competitiveness in our markets.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Head Digital Portfolio Sales & Engagement will be responsible to:
- Work with the broader Digital Banking team to ensure the Digital team's overall agenda is met especially partnering with the Digital capability team to define and design the capabilites
- Work effectively with all cross-functional partners including Product, Segment, Distribution (Physical &V&V), Retail Analytics, Finance, ITO, Alliances, Legal, Compliance, COO etc to maximise success.
- Own and define the overall operating model covering key pillars impacting Digital portfolio sales
- Define and implement the strategy on how we interact with ETB clients for Digital sales (covers user experience, terminology, content management, standard tone & look-feel, test & learn approach etc.)
- Build the strategic roadmap on capability requirements to grow the ETB Digital sales franchise
- Keep abreast of all developments in Digital sales globally (global and local competitors and core technologies) as well as good practice across non-banking industries (e.g. Retail, Airline and Telecommunications)
- Keep abreast of innovation in Digital sales, particularly by FinTech companies
- Engage relevant professional services firms to obtain their ongoing updates and views on relevant topics e.g. Boston Consulting Group, Deloitte and McKinsey
- Engage relevant technology research firms to obtain their ongoing updates and views on relevant topics e.g. Forrester, Gartner and Ovum.
- Develop and maintain a network of internal Digital sales heads across the footprint to own and drive Digital sales for the portfolio performance in line with the Group defined strategy and capability roadmap. Provide feedback on country good practice, challenges and support needed as well as client insights
- Develop the right set of measurement tools and tracking capabilities for granular understanding and effective management of every stage of the ETB Digital sales funnel.
- Engage all key stakeholders and keep abreast of key plans and developments of all departments and drive alignment of the ETB Digital sales objectives to the individual function plans.
- Product design & CVP - Work with Product & Segment to build Digital specific product variants, pricing, bundling and pre-approval to ensure competitiveness of Digital offerings
- Targeting - Lead the translation of Digital marketing efforts into actual sales by supporting the refinement of EDM, SMS and other Media across budgeting, media allocation and tracking of leads by source
- Capability - Define key capabilities needed to drive One Click ETB Digital sales across forms, UX and workflows e.g. data pre-population, STP capability, content management
- Analytics - Define and lead the usage of Analytics for enhancing ETB sales via digital channels to make interactions more personalized, relevant and timely
- Fulfilment -Work with Distribution and Segment to co-define seamless client Digital sales journeys with Lead Nurturing, Staff assisted Digital closure, digital KPIs in scorecard and lead management protocols
- Portfolio Engagement & capability monetization - Support the enablement and drive monetization of digital capabilities for activation, on-boarding, spends & retention
- Measurement - Support the development of globally standard E2E digital sales funnel from Ad impressions to account set-up integrated digital data (e.g. from Marketing, GA, SBIM, RWB etc.)
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank - this includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Lead the 'Digital Sales' team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed Here For Good and the Group's brand and values in the Digital sales team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Retail Banking CEO
- Retail Banking Management Team (RBMT)
- Regional/ Country CEOs
- Regional/ Country CIOs
- Regional Head, Retail Banking
- Regional Head, Digital Banking
- Global Head, Retail Products
- Global Head, Technology, Retail Banking Products
- COO, Retail Products, Digital & Segments
- Head, Retail Risk Operations
- FCC, Retail Banking
- Operational Risk, Retail Banking
- Legal and Compliance, Retail Banking
- ITO, Retail Banking
- Country and Regional Heads
- Investment Portfolio Governance team
Qualifications and Skills
- Masters Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Marketing related field
- 10+ years of full time experience in large global financial services firms
- Deep understanding of cross-functional Retail Banking functions and processes as well as original design thinking for implementable and sustainable solutions to business problems
- Experience in both global strategic roles as well as leading large teams in country.
- Strong communication skills to manage expectations of multiple senior business stakeholders and to resolve conflicts/issues.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English, with preference for multi-lingual skills relevant in Asia, Africa and Middle East
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.