Head, Information Technology
- Permanent, Full time
- CIMB BANK
- 04 Aug 17
Dual role with country responsibility and leading the entire Wholesale banking IT for the region, working closely with Wholesale banking CEO and leadership team.
- Plan, manage and supervise the day-to-day IT operations for CIMB Bank Singapore Branch Technology Partner to the regional Wholesale bank, Group Asset Management & Investments and Private Bank by defining and delivering holistic solutions and capabilities into business that is compatible with business priorities.
- Participate in the development of IT strategic plan to align with the strategic and tactical goals of the business plan.
- Provide leadership and alignment in regional efforts to promote shared services to rationalise and consolidate IT resources.
- Participate in the identification and evaluation of new technological developments and gauging their appropriateness for the business.
- Manage risk especially operational risk, as part of the enterprise-wide risk management framework, and enhance internal control system within the unit.
- Provide leadership in the management of IT services and operations.
- Oversee the development, design and implementation of IT projects and strategic initiatives.
- Plan and manage IT financial and operational budget.
- Participate in management meetings and provide technical direction.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with business units and key vendors.
- Ensure effective utilisation of manpower and responsible for monitoring operating cost effectiveness for the department.
- Supervise the IT staff through proper coaching and support to ensure that they adequately discharge their responsibility.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Group IT policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of IT services and operations.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- A recognized Degree with 15 years’ experience in managing an IT department in banking industry.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and planning skills.
- Possess a high degree of diplomacy and tact in managing issues and difficult situations.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Mature thinking, analytical and proactive with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to motivate and guide team to work together to achieve desired results.
- Ability to build relationships and interact effectively with internal and external parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.