Product Manager - Commercial Credit
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 21 Aug 17
Product Manager - Commercial Credit
The Asia Specialist of FIS' commercial credit solutions will focus on the ability to provide banks with a unified, highly visual user experience to streamline the commercial loan application and processing in tier 4 to tier 1 banks across South-East and North Asia. The product specialist will work with the product management team to create products and modules to support the regional banking industry with a platform that delivers digital origination content and integrates various other FIS products. The specialist will need to be able to understand local market problems , regulatory influences and engage with banking customers to ensure the product solves the most urgent and pervasive problems .
- Manages product plan by ensuring changes in market and business priorities including integration needs and technology advancements are reflected. Presents status updates at quarterly and annual stakeholder meetings.
- Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Prepares and presents product plans. Identifies risks and challenges, opportunities and growth strategies, business integration needs and retirement plans.
- Prepares and presents product roadmap reviews as well as providing product's general strategic direction.
- Manages project inventory during budget planning process, interlocks on all companion activity and prioritizes as necessary to execute against plan throughout the year. Determines release dates.
- Monitors and understands product's profit and loss statement. May be responsible for revenue and profitability of assigned products.
- Provides content for product roadmaps, ensures timely delivery and provides business reasons for any changes/revisions made to roadmaps.
- Engages and interacts with clients during feedback sessions, focus groups, user groups and requirements gathering sessions. Practices open and honest communications with clients.
- Acts as product launch manager when appropriate for new products or rollouts of major releases.
- Collaborates with senior management to provide content for market messages, sales collateral and as needed RFPs (request for proposal).
- Completes business scope documents and defines and documents user personas for individual products.
- Manages vendor relationships key to product delivery.
- Collaborates with vendor support managers for oversight and maintenance of all secondary and support vendor relationships.
- Interacts with key suppliers and partners.
- Coordinates and facilitates pilot activities acting as primary contact with client, securing pilot agreement and monitoring progress. Determines success criteria and recommends "go / no go" decision.
- Acts as escalation point for client issues that require product change resolution (does not include standard problem escalation process.
- Determines and approves all service level agreements (SLAs) related to products and includes with business scope documents.
- Works closely with development teams to review enhancement requests for strategic value and align resources to high priority project.
- Presents product information and industry thought leadership to external audiences in webinars and client conferences.
- Provides presentations to clients during business reviews, prospect briefings and internal group meetings.
- May require up to 40% travel.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing or related studies
- Good knowledge of Commercial Credit products
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Client relationship management skills, understanding and focusing on clients' needs, establishing credibility and building positive, professional, relationships with clients
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Requires strong time management skills, attention to detail and must be resourceful
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks