Senior Business Analyst (CDD - Business Architecture)
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 Feb 17
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfill their potential.
An increasingly important element of our banking capability for these clients is to meet our regulatory requirements around areas such as know your customer ("KYC"), anti-money laundering; ("AML") and customer due diligence ("CDD").
This is a Senior Business Analyst role reporting to the Head of CDD Business Architecture and Process Reengineering. The individual is to understand and transform the Group CDD Procedure into TOM, process, and business requirements working with stakeholders across business divisions, compliances teams and operational areas. The Global Business Analyst for CDD Business Architecture & Process Reengineering will be instrumental in ensuring the successful implementation of one or more of the resultant delivery initiatives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a detailed understanding of all areas of the Group entity CDD operating model
- Lead requirements gathering as part of the process to produce the TOM, process, and Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) for operating model changes including system and process enhancements
- Review the functional specifications (FSDs) or operating model and process improvement suggestions developed, to ensure they capture the business requirements accurately
- Identify enhancements to improve operational performance including business processes/efficiency and/or reduce risk in line with Group Policy and Procedure, while understanding and translating the Group L&C and FCC driven requirements into front line user requirements
- Assist with the roll-out of improved Governance processes and practices
- Manage and engage key stakeholders across client facing divisions, Legal and Compliance and Financial Crime Risk, etc
- Attend and actively participate in relevant committee meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience as a Business Analyst in leading major business analysis work-stream across related business lines and platforms
- Experience in working in or dealing with Compliance and associated matters
- Experience in writing complex BRDs, project deliverables and meeting minutes
- Experience of working on business transformation teams
- Experience working with stakeholders to define and execute improved control frameworks
- Highly developed written communication skills, including a proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, able to converse in appropriate levels of detail with Business Heads, COOs/CIOs, Frontline, Middle Office/Operations Risk, Legal & Compliance (L&C), Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), etc.
- Experience in KYC, Customer Due Diligence, AML, or similar regulatory initiatives (preferred)
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 18/03/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.