Vice President, Tax (Tax and Accounting Policy), Group Finance
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 18 Apr 17
10 years working experience in related field. Strong Singapore tax knowledge. Ability to provide oversight and guidance for standardization of BST processes (international taxes, withholding tax and value-added taxes and employee-related taxes ) and country tax managers to perform assurance reviews.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions – whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
The successful candidate will lead partner the businesses on their products and transactions, and manage the transactional and operational tax compliance of DBS Group.
- Review and approve new products and services of the Group.
- Assist business and support units on transactional and international tax issues (inter alia WHT, GST/VAT, Certificate of Residence, system enhancements, etc).
- Support business units in their products and transactions
- Manage individual and corporate tax exposures arising from travelling employees
- Conduct tax compliance training & general tax awareness training
- Preferably able to advise stakeholders on the US Qualified Intermediary programme (“QI”).
- Perform BST healthchecks and process reviews.
- Preferably able to administer the US QI compliance requirements for Singapore and Hong Kong entities, including QI health-checks, assurance programmes, reporting and submission of US Tax Forms.
- Ensure compliance of business-specific taxes .
- At least 10 years working experience in relevant field
- Professional qualified in SIATP, ICPAS, ACCA
- Strong knowledge on Singapore tax
- Qualified tax experience, ideally gained within a Big 4 professional firm and/or bank.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.