Applications Support Manager - Asset Management IT
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced support manager/team leader to manage a high-performing Application Support team supporting a variety of clients in the UK and Europe. This role requires strong management and leadership skills but it’s also a “hands-on” involving issue diagnosis, production support, service enhancements, client relationship management and staff hiring/development.
Provide leadership and management to a small team of business and technical product support specialists
Recruiting, training, developing and retaining staff with a range of business and technical skills including performing formal annual and 6-monthly reviews and appraisals
Oversee day to day operations, including prioritizations, managing ticket queues, internal and external escalations, and high severity incidents.
- Ensuring the delivery of timely, consistent, high-quality solutions to a diverse set of clients within the required SLAs.
- Coordinate with clients, colleagues, and vendors to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve client-reported issues and queries
- Host/attend new client hand-over meetings
- Host/attend regular client issue review meetings
- Oversee the maintenance of database environments used by the Application Management team
- Manage client access to public web portals
- Coordinate specification of EMEA requirements for global Salesforce issue tracking tool
- Regular status reporting of issues and priorities to Senior Management
- Development and monitoring of customer SLA’s
- Act as point of escalation; troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Participation in the development and on-going refinement, enhancement and continuous process improvement for the services.
- Assist with the ongoing development, implementation, and refinement of operational procedures
- Assist with development and generation of key service metrics across the organization
Skills and experience
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and the technologies used within the industry including portfolio management, trading systems and interfaces.
- Proven ability to lead a team preferably in a fast paced, high growth helpdesk/technical support environment supporting mission critical production enterprise applications.
- Experience of managing Teams within a customer service environment including the delivery of out-of-hours and bank holiday cover.
- Demonstrated familiarity with operational environments, service level metrics and process improvement.
- Proven customer focused mindset and excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with ITIL methodology a plus
- General familiarity with Windows administration, networking, and databases preferred
- Exposure to electronic trading systems, FIX protocol, financial software applications, or other enterprise business software desirable
- Proven ability to build relationships and to partner with various internal departments to deliver superior customer service.
- Experience with the collection and interpretation of customer satisfaction responses.
- Experience with issue tracking processes and tools.
- University degree qualification in Computer Science, IT, Finance with a technology concentration.
- Experience with any of the following software is desired, in order of preference: 1) Investment Management Software Vendor background, 2) Other Asset Management software company, 3) Middle or Back Office trading applications, or 4) Financial applications.
- A background in portfolio management and trading system applications is preferred.
To apply for this position please send you CV to Haydn Reynolds at email@example.com or call him on 020 3371 6851 in strict confidence.
For more information regarding this position please contact Haydn Reynolds on 020 3371 6851 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org