Business Analyst - Asset Management
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 17
A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a Business Analyst with 3 - 5 years of business analysis experience within the asset management / financial services industry. The business analyst will collaborate with both business and technology teams on project deliverables in addition to supporting corporate services functions.
• Collect and analyze requirements for business, communicate requirements with internal counterparts and external vendors
• Partner with business to identify solutions and strategy
• Deliver documentations required in various stages of SDLC - Software Development Life Cycle as well as the System Integration Life Cycle when integrating off-the-shelf products. and responsible for seeking signoff by relevant parties
• Create functional and technical specifications. Once requirements are clearly defined, he/she creates the functional solution and, by working with the technical team (architect and developers), creates technical specifications and design.
• Work with external service and software partners to translate business requirements into functional process design, including the handoffs between both the partner(s) and internal BAU teams.
• Partner with software development teams to deliver solutions to business requirements
• Review the system design and perform testing to ensure the quality of the deliverables
• Support integration tests, user acceptance tests and production rollout
• Manage external software vendors and internal clients
• Diagnose technical issues and work with vendors to resolve system issues
• Collaborate closely with local and overseas counterparts
• Working within project governance structure to remove obstacles to progress, resolving issues and risk to meet agreed project deliverables
• BS or BA
• 3 - 5 years of business analysis experience within the asset management / financial services industry
• Business analysis experience in major IT projects, including but not limited to building business cases, requirement analysis, solution proposal, test planning and coordination, and delivery of associated documentations.
• Strong understanding of finance functions and processes specifically related to accounting, billing, vendor invoice management, financial management reporting, budgeting and planning. Understanding of systems such as SAP, SAP BW Hana, Revport and Hyperion a plus
• Advanced skills in MS Office: PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project.
• Knowledge in waterfall and agile project and development approaches
• Domain knowledge in asset management business areas such as finance, legal and compliance and human resources. Knowledge in other areas such as fund management, trading, back office operations, sales and marketing a plus.