Associate Software Engineer (based out of Costa Rica or Argentina )
Job Description This is an opportunity for an individual with a strong software development background to join Moody's Investors Service.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of successes developing/supporting quality software solutions and adapting to the evolving needs of the business. The role will primarily involve coordinating with the NY Fundamental Technology development team to design, develop, and support analytic software applications and liaising directly with stakeholders to define the business problem to be solved. This role will suit a highly motivated problem solver with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to use their own initiative and work with minimal supervision.
Experience with the multiple phases of software development lifecycle are essential. Experience with DevOps, including Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration, is highly desirable. Basic understanding of finance and the mechanics of analytical methodologies are a plus. Key Responsibilities:
- Communicating with internal stakeholders to clearly define the business problem
- Support all aspects of the product lifecycle, including requirements gathering, documentation, design, development, quality assurance, implementation, maintenance and support.
- Develop applications following an agile methodology
- Design and develop test cases to enable automated testing of implemented functionality
- BE (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or a related field is preferred
- At least three years prior development experience in C#/.NET
- Good SQL skills, understanding of database architecture
- Reviewing business requirements, communicating directly with business stakeholders, and providing development estimates
- Basic understanding of test driven development
- Experience with source control (SVN ideally) and issue tracking (Jira ideally)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English a must
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Rigorous and analytical thought process
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.