Manager Retail Risk Data & Analytics
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Flexibility to be based from our Brisbane or Sydney locations
- Suits an experienced data analytics professional with previous risk experience
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where we are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced! About the role:
As a newly created role in our Retail Banking division, the Manager Retail Risk Data & Analytics will be responsible for the creation and implementation of conduct data analytics, outliers, pattern, and control insights to support an enhanced control framework.
You will be responsible for the creation and production of meaningful risk reporting /analytics on both a routine and ad hoc basis.
This role will see you taking a proactive risk analysis approach to act as an early warning system for any (potentially) suspicious activity within the Retail Bank (e.g. identification of fraudulent behaviour or gaming).
Capitalising on your prior experience in banking, finance and/or risk management, you will be creating a centre of excellence in a one-stop shop for the coordination of meaningful analytics across the retail bank and the ability to create insights to underpin business decisions. You will also actively contribute to the continuous improvement of Retail Banking Risk Management & Risk Culture, which is foundational to delivering good customer outcomes.
This is an exciting role with opportunities to get involved in projects and showcase the value of data and analytics in driving risk controls. About you:
To be considered for this role, you will be an experienced professional in banking, finance and/or risk management, well versed in banking and/or finance processes and practices, preferably with a working knowledge of operational risk management.
With a demonstrated well-developed analytical and problem solving approach, you will have a strong background/experience in risk data analytics, and be able to provide insightful analysis and reporting of key risk trends and performance.
You will also have the following skills/experience:
About our Benefits:
- Advanced computer literacy, data analytics and modelling skills
- Superior skills in MS office suite, with advanced excel skills and superior written report presentation and verbal communication skills
- A strong and demonstrable relationship building and interpersonal skills experience at all organisational levels with the ability to work effectively with personnel across a wide variety of areas and organisational levels.
- High level of operational influence
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Banking, Accounting, Risk Management, Technology, Maths or Finance related discipline.
- Discounted financial products
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Salary sacrificing options
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - MyCoach for Individuals and People Leaders
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Gym discounts and much more!