Senior Market Risk Analyst
- Join ASX 100 finance leader
- Brisbane based role - Gasworks Newstead Office
- An excellent opportunity for an experienced Market Risk Analyst to join BOQ and make an impact in an ever changing environment
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where we are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced! About the role:
As the Senior Market Risk Analyst, you will focus on the control framework and other governance activities for the Non-Traded Market Risk team, covering both Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) and Liquidity Risk. By maintaining an in-depth understanding of the Bank's models, systems and processes used to produce IRRBB and Liquidity metrics and risk positions, you will be responsible for ensuring a robust control framework is in place and allowing positions and metrics to be reported with confidence.
You will also revise processes, perform configurations changes in risk systems and models to enhance risk oversight, comply with changing regulatory requirements or general process improvements. Daily and monthly reporting activities will also be required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Configuring, documenting, reviewing and testing of the control frameworks for Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book and Liquidity Risk, including reconciliations, model annual reviews, data quality controls, spreadsheet controls, back testing and model monitoring activities
- Ensuring Market Risk policies and related documents are reviewed, maintained and up to date
- Planning and co-ordinating the annual contingent funding plan test each year
- Daily production of IRRBB and Liquidity reporting, including Value at Risk (VAR), key rate shocks, Liquidity Coverage Ratio and Net Stable Funding Ratio, along with scenario and stress testing analysis.
- Independently calculating daily P&L for the Banking Book
- Undertaking ad hoc projects, process improvements or model enhancements, which often require liaison with internal financial and treasury colleagues
- Reporting to the Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO) and Board Risk Committee (BRC).
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and abilities:
About our Benefits:
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance or related field (including Engineering, Accounting, Business, Finance, Mathematics or Economics)
- Thorough knowledge of the processes, tools, and techniques used for analysing market risk
- Understanding of and ability to help an organisation adapt to applicable regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practice
- Proven experience with pricing tools, techniques and methods
- Ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate in a clear and unambiguous manner
- High attention to detail and the ability to prioritise competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Maintain a solutions focused mindset while adapting to a changing environment as needed.
- Discounted financial products
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Salary sacrificing options
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - MyCoach for Individuals and People Leaders
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Gym discounts and much more!