Advisor, Injury Management (WC)
#Closer #Braver #Faster The Role
CGU has an exciting opportunity for an Allied Health Professional to join our Victorian Workers Compensation claims team working as an Injury Management Advisor based in Melbourne.
This is an opportunity to utilise your experience while improving outcomes for injured Victorian workers. You will also support the claims team with medical advice while identifying areas in which we could work that could better support the recovery of injured workers. Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to promote injury management awareness
- Offer expertise which results in a positive claim outcome.
- Provide professional medical/injury management advice to colleagues through training and coaching.
- Develop effective claims management strategies for complex injury claims.
- Achieve recovery outcomes within expected timeframes.
- Actively participate in the development of departmental best practices and get involved in projects across the business.
- Experience as an Allied Health Professional preferred (Physiotherapist, Nursing, Chiropractor, Occupational Therapist, Psychology etc.)
- Show leadership attributes and an ability to confidently voice opinions.
- Ability to build rapport and establish relationships
- Resilient, displays empathy and able to communicate with all walks of life
- Displays a drive for results and is outcome focused
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications close on 25 October 2019
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.