Head of Design
Head of Design – Australia Transformation Our mission - Creating the ANZ of the future
We are redesigning and rebuilding our Australian business, propositions and experiences with a handpicked selection of best-in-class partners and technologies. To achieve this, we’re assembling an inspired and talented team who are excited about challenging convention and creating truly engaging offerings for our customers.
We have organised ourselves into multiple parallel value streams, each with their own team, objectives and timelines. To create a single coherent ANZ banking experience will require expert curation and guidance of all the streams by a small leadership team of senior experts in key disciplines. The team will coordinate and drive the collective work towards an elegant world-class offering with a thoughtful balance of desirability, viability and feasibility.
The leadership team will include a Head of Design. The Head of Design Role:
As a key stakeholder in product and business strategy and detailed development, you will act as a curator, coach and guide to ensure we are working towards a coherent and compelling overall ANZ experience.
By playing the role of “creative director” you will tackle tradeoffs to find creative outcomes, ensuring all elements that contribute to an overall experience (including proposition, process, product, service, pricing, controls, data, security and automation) fit together to deliver delightful and differentiated, saleable and compliant solutions for customers and employees.
To ensure our teams can commence building solutions with confidence, high-level customer and business solutions will need to be designed and tested. This role will also collaborate closely with Group Marketing and Brand leadership to ensure we create experiences that are consistent with the ANZ brand strategy. We care about Design:
At ANZ, we have a holistic view of design. We see design as a set of disciplines and a common approach to identifying people’s needs and crafting elegant solutions to satisfy them. Effective design is not just about aesthetics or experience. It needs to consider how all aspects of our business come together to deliver our products and services.
We were the first bank in the world to introduce a Chief Design Officer and we have widely embraced Human Centred Design to help tackle internal and external opportunities. We also have one of the largest communities of designers in Australia, across a range of disciplines from UX, UI, Service Design, Design Research and Content Design. Responsibilities:
Your primary responsibility will be to help curate our emerging range of propositions into a compelling and coherent overall ANZ banking experience. Y ou will do this by focusing on: Proposition, service and experience design
– helping teams to extract customer insights and needs, guiding teams to refine their propositions and journeys, providing critique and guidance in the design of all touchpoints and experiences, leveraging our customer segmentation, ensuring that designs are aligned with process, systems, data and risk considerations, providing a holistic perspective leveraging research & data.
- Design community - leading the chapter of experience designers, supporting their growth, development and inspiration.
- Design process and system – guiding the overall approach we all apply to proposition design and testing, leveraging and enhancing the ANZ Brand and Design System
You have had senior leadership experience in a number of the following environments:
- Design consultancy
- Large service based corporation (not necessarily banking)
- Service based technology start-up
- Management consultancy
Regardless of where you’ve worked, you have collaborated with multiple teams, functions and business lines in the design and delivery of numerous successful products, services and experiences including complex multichannel services supported by technology, operational processes, front-line and back-office staff. Skillset:
As this is a senior role, you will need to demonstrate high levels of mastery in the below. Service design and product development
Business and organisational acumen
- Expertise in some of these design disciplines: UX, Visual Design, Service Design, Design Research. Your expertise is coupled with a deep love of craft. Experience leading and collaborating with all disciplines applying Human Centred Design, Lean and Agile practices.
- Able to extract and leverage insights from multiple data sources to inform and extract insights to influence the design of optimal customer experiences.
- Creative direction and curation of multiple touchpoints and propositions into an elegant and coherent overall experience.
- Able to tackle problems at a macro program level as well as roll up sleeves to address design challenges.
- Product management.
- Refined collaboration skills supported by sufficient familiarity with marketing and brand strategy, process engineering, technical architecture and software development.
- Able to support design decisions with clear business rationale.
- Deep understanding of key business drivers and the financial strategies of various portfolios.
- Understands macro trends and how they are influencing customer behaviour and driving opportunities.
- Confidence presenting to, and influencing senior stakeholders with a clear and crisp communication style.
If you fit our description and are excited by this opportunity, we invite you to apply to the link below and submit a your resume and condensed portfolio no larger than 5MB showcasing your experience, skills, contributions and what you’ve learned along the way.
The position is based in Melbourne, Australia. Overseas applicants are welcome to apply.