TS&T - Manager - Melbourne
Our Melbourne Consulting practice is continuing to grow and we require the services of a Manager to support our Cloud Engineering team within our Technology, Strategy and Transformation division.
Establishing technology as a key enabler of business strategy through the development of pragmatic IT strategic plans
Our focus is on delivering a full set of advisory and implementation services to enable IT to deliver true business value to our client's business. Our main priority is to ensure that we are always able to help our clients align their business and technology strategies and to pursue these in a sustainable and supportive way.
- Establishing technology as a key enabler of business strategy through the development of pragmatic IT strategic plans
- Shaping, building, integrating and deploying tailored technology solutions to enable businesses, such as information management systems and integrated supply chains
- Helping IT organisations to achieve best in class performance which may involve embracing extended delivery capabilities such as outsourcing and offshore models
- Delivering specific technology solutions which address specific business issues.
- Integrate and actively participate in consulting projects in mobile and fixed telecommunications networks and in specific access networks, transmission, core and service platforms
- To plan and coordinate with autonomy the activities to be carried out in the elaboration of the various outputs within the scope of a project
- Lead multiple projects in parallel, being the main responsible for their P&L, Staffing, Quality Assurance, Compliance Assurance and Client Management
- Carry out business development activities necessary for new market offerings, client proposals, geographical and industry expansion.
Deloitte is the only professional services firm with a Consulting division that allows us to act as a truly integrated company.
Spanning the three areas of 'strategy and operation', 'technology integration' and 'human capital', our consultants work closely with some of the country's biggest companies to improve performance, and help align business with new technologies.
We are predominantly in the advice and execute business. This includes corporate strategy, business strategy, operations, human capital strategy and operations as well as IT strategy & Operations. We have the ability to do focused implementations. We have the ability to manage teams of Deloitte and external alliances to do large scale implementations The career
- As the fastest growing division with new opportunities continually on the rise, you'll enjoy a varied and challenging career journey that will expose you to the ever-changing world of business. Self-managed, with flexibility and support when required, you'll belong to a counselling tree that will guide your performance and steer you in the direction you want to go. The thinking
- Innovation is at the heart of what we do and the way we think. The diverse backgrounds of our consultants have added to our wealth of experience across numerous disciplines. Our clients are as different as the issues we face - that's what makes our business so challenging and exciting every day. The culture
- Ours is an open, inclusive and welcoming culture that embraces diversity on every level. It's a performance-driven and results orientated business that gives you the opportunity to drive your own career. The passion our people feel is demonstrated in the way they regularly promote Deloitte as a great place to work. The work
- Expect to work on a variety of projects and clients from day one. By working with a smaller project team, you'll get increased exposure and the opportunity to spend more time at the client site. The leadership -
A shared vision at all levels combined with guidance from highly accessible and inspirational leaders, will give you the perfect platform to launch your leadership development. Qualifications, Key Skills, Experience & Knowledge
Preference for candidates with:
- Master in Telecommunications Engineering, Electro technical Engineering or similar
- Master in Business Administration or equivalent
- Knowledge in E2E solutions for Mobile networks with strong focus on 5G, IoT and SmartCities
- Work experience of more than 10 years in mobile and/or fixed and/or fixed telecommunication network engineering (e.g. planning or strategy, sizing, implementation, optimization, migration, modernization, etc.)
- Deep understanding and experience in the telecommunications industry with verifiable experience in multiple clients around the world
- Knowledge of telecommunications infrastructures and processes for the implementation of telecommunications networks
- Knowledge of Telecom Network automation options using Artificial Intelligence and Self Organized Networks technologies, namely CSPs pain points, potential use cases, market solutions and potential business impact
- Knowledge of principles of communication networks, namely protocols and interfaces of the different layers of OSI, focusing on layers 1 to 4
- Knowledge of IP networks and backhaul.
- Very good knowledge of the English and Portuguese languages (written and oral)
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to communicate and interpersonal relationship
- Ability to analyze data and critical thinking
- Sense of responsibility and a strong orientation towards results
- Availability to participate in international projects
- Exposure to network architecture and 5G technologies
- RUDE knowledge of SDN, NFV and virtualized infrastructure
- ITIL and / or eTOM knowledge
- Knowledge of programming languages and Web based APIs
- Relevant certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIS, among others
- Certification in project management PMP or Prince
- Experience of working or knowledge in the solutions of at least one of the following suppliers: Cisco, Ericsson, Huawei, Juniper, Nokia, ZTE and OSS platforms
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
If you've got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role the Talent Acquisition team. We'd love to hear from you! Location: Melbourne
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP171993