Technology Area Architect – Customer Self Service
First, a bit about ANZ
- Understanding of the technology stack in depth, including applications within and outside the Tribe
- Ability to consult across business and technology with a view of compliance impacts
- Collaboratively define the Solution overview within the Technology Area
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ NWOW Video
The purpose of the Customer Self Service Tribe
is to create great experiences that make it easy for our customers and bankers to DIY. We are accountable for delivering self-service customer experiences for our Digital Self Service Platform and Internet Banking channel.
As a Tech Area Architect
, you will define the architecture for the Customer Self Service Tribe and contribute towards the architecture of new channels who want to consume services via our Digital Self Service Platform. You will plan the architectural runway to support upcoming sprints, design/evaluate solutions and provide technical expertise to squads.
Also, as a Tech Area Architect
you qualify architectural decisions, constraints and patterns adopted within the products delivered by Squads; reusability and scalability across Tribes.
Your day to day role will include assessing ideas, considering value propositions, possible solution options across the full stack and identify architecturally significant epics and collaboratively define the Solution Overview within the Technology Area.
The way that we work and the architecture of our platform, services and channels is continuously evolving. Change is our constant. It’s an exciting space to work.
You can also check out our Tech Area Architect persona or watch this animation to get an insight in to what a day in their life might look like. Who are you?
What you bring to the Customer Self Service Tribe:
- Technical – I actively update my knowledge and skills about various technologies and am curious about how to improve the way we configure our stack.
- Known for Getting Stuff Done – I effectively synthesise multiple sources of information and leverage a broad network of connections to relentlessly prioritise and execute
- An Aligner - I understand that my area operates as part of a complex system and work closely with my colleagues to ensure alignment
- A collaboration champion – I champion collaboration and build the expertise, capabilities and engagement of team members
- The customer’s greatest fan – I demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer defines the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Commercially savvy – I synthesise multiple sources of information and leverage strong relationships to make sound decisions that enable the needs of both the bank and the customer
- A knowledge junkie that does stuff with it – I actively seek out market trends, leading practices and innovations in Domain area and rapidly maximise their relevance and opportunity for the organisation
- Have a good ol’ dose of professional humility – I actively and visibly asks for feedback and role models discussing failures and weaknesses in the interest of learning
- A systems thinker - I am a systems thinker, understanding that we operate as part of a complex network
- Risk savvy – I build sustainable solutions that protect stakeholders and customers and proactively address risks by role-modelling improvements in the bank’s overall risk and control environment.
- Accessibility and Inclusion Champion – I am committed to ensuring that our products, services, workplace and culture are accessible and inclusive for everyone, supporting participation, independence and dignity for our customers and colleagues. I will have regard to Principles of Universal Design in my own work, and when I work with colleagues and suppliers
- Curiosity about our business and technology in general. An open minded, “can-do” attitude.
- Deep platform/technical knowledge to define architectural standards, DevOps engineering principles and technology roadmaps that meet business needs.
- Ability to adapt to our technology stack in depth, including applications within and outside the Tech Area.
- Strong skills in building collaborative relationships with stakeholders to understand their business and technology needs (current and future)
- Good communicator and problem solver that can understand and translate business needs into strategic technology roadmaps and architectural principles
- Understanding of business drivers, direction and flow on technology impacts
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
This opportunity is located at 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC
and available at a Group 4.1
Further general information on our NWOW opportunities and selection approach is available in www.anz.com/careers.