Apps Support Senior Manager
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi technology is seeking a highly motivated front office IT professional to join our Production Services Support team in Sydney, Australia.
The Equities Support team is responsible for the production environment for a wide range of applications ranging from client and exchange connectivity, middle office, Risk Management systems and OMS supporting cash and derivatives businesses.
Role / Position Overview
We are searching for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who will provide front line support to the Equities business. We work in partnership with the business running the application production platform, providing quick resolutions to their issues, drive stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed.
The role will entail hands-on investigation and issue resolution, incident management and being passionate about driving & leading initiatives to improve the production platform.
The successful candidate will be based in Sydney Australia, and will be working closely with our counterparts in the region and globally on incident management, BAU support, stability initiatives, projects and platform improvements.
· Provide front line production support for local and regional Equities applications across Risk and Cash streams.
· Ensure procedures and processes are followed around Incident, Problem and Change management.
· Identify and document problems, co-ordinate resolutions and manage to closure.
· Escalate production issues or risks to management.
· Champion stability and efficiency initiatives to enable application high availability for Business-As-Usual which includes improving monitoring, failover and resiliency.
· Communicate effectively with Business, Operations and Technology partners on a local/regional basis.
•Undertake both individual assignments and participate in team collaboration activities.
•You will gain significant experience of the technologies used to run the business, giving vast exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems.
•Work-Life Balance - At Citi, we offer flexible work plans which give employees and managers the chance to meet personal and business needs allowing for alternative schedules.
•Having a global presence, there may be opportunities to work in different departments and locations around the world
· 4+ years of Trade Floor Production Support experience in a financial institution or similar Production Support role in another industry.
· Good understanding of the Equities business and Australian exchanges. Knowledge of front-office and middle-office flows required.
· Familiar with Windows and UNIX (AIX/ Linux) OS
· Familiar with databases Microsoft SQL, Sybase, Oracle including writing SQL statements
· Knowledge with any real-time monitoring tools would be an added advantage
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· A team player and a self-starter
· Ability to succeed in a demanding business & technical environment
· Excellent skills in personal work organisation and time management
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer or Software Engineering or similar
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .