Consultant - Analytics & AI
- Salary packaging - to suit your personal and financialcircumstances
- Technology discounts - from Apple, HP, Lenovo, toWindows
- World-class learning and leadershipprograms
Do you see patterns in data and wisheveryone would see the same? If you can explain complex statistical concepts inplain English, we need you! About the team
Our Analytics and Cognitive business
enableclients to harness the power of analytics, automation and artificialintelligence (AI) to unlock hidden relationships from vast amounts of data. Indoing so, we also help them implement the right strategy and technology thatbalance speed, cost and quality to deliver measurable business values.
Our key operatingunits are:
Assistthe client in the discovery, interpretation and communication of meaningfulinsights and patterns in data. Includes designing and building robustanalytical models and solutions to deliver actionable insight for businessusers and delivering a broad range of descriptive, predictive and prescriptiveanalytics engagements in a variety of areas (including supervised andunsupervised machine learning, natural language processing, and optimisation)
Developa set of capabilities that enable the client to build trust and confident intheir data assets, through precise definition, increased quality, easyintegration and effective & secured retrieval of data that is underpinnedby effective data governance and regulatory compliance. Includes designing andproducing high performing and stable applications to perform complex processingof massive volumes of data in a new cloud based architecture integrated withbusiness systems to enable value from analytic models to drive rapid decisionmaking.
Robotics andCognitive Automation-
Deliver automated business processes to help clientsimprove job efficiency and employee productivity. Includes identifying businessareas that provide scope of automation and using Robotic Process Automation(RPA) tools and cognitive automation to deliver automated solutions.
What will yourtypical day look like?
- Support the management of projects - supports the development and management of project plans, scope, variations, risk, and knowledge management
- Supports the management of clients - build and manage relationships, interact with senior client stakeholders
- Offer expertise to organisations to help them improve their business performance and meet business requirements using analytical and cognitive solutions
- Develop and deliver solutions to the client that resolve their business problem
As a Consultant within our Analytics& Cognitive practice, you will be expected to learn, understand and applyDeloitte's methodologies for delivering our core services. Enough aboutus, let's talk about you.
- Analyse and understand client's requirements and help develop solutions that leverage analytical tools and methodology.
- Document business rules and business requirements for the client and relay it further to various project streams to collaboratively design, develop solutions and deploy them into the client's production environment.
- Operate as per agile methodology, a project management approach that focusses on shorter development cycles (called sprints) with iterative delivery that accommodates changes and new requirements from the client. Use of various project management tools (like JIRA, Asana, Ms. Project) to effectively manage client communication and delivery of projects within time/budget constraints
- Stakeholder management- identify key stakeholders and liaise with them to understand the client's context/current state.
- Investigate and analyse the client's current state and document gaps identified in the systems being used, the operating model and business processes. Assist in development of strategic solutions to help the client solve these gaps.
- Understand client's existing processes through process modelling, and propose options for solutions/technologies that leverage current state of the client. Develop design documentation and process maps using Microsoft Visio for solutions being delivered to the client.
- Understand the client's database and develop queries to retrieve relevant data to answer business questions. Develop SQL stored procedures and code to help the client meet its business/ project requirements.
- Automate scheduling of processes and cross-technology integration using Jenkins. VBA programming to automate pre-visualisation cleaning of data at client site.
- Assist in developing technical specifications for the development of solutions.
- Experience and working knowledge of data mining and model development compromising use of statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques like linear and non-linear regression, generalized models, clustering, forecasting methods, etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of more than one machine learning toolkits like Python, R, MATLAB, etc.
- Able to design and develop effective Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Metadata management practices and integration using technologies such as Informatica, SSIS.
- Able to apply analytical models to predict business outcomes with tools such as SAS/R
- Able to produce architecture diagrams for enterprise data and analytics solutions using tools such as Microsoft Visio
- Assist in software development activities including design, build, and test any additional or custom code.
- Create user manuals and training material for tools and solutions developed for the client. Facilitate knowledge transfer sessions and handovers to the client.
- Formally test the client deliverable and build in health checks to ensure quality and integrity of the solution.
- Develop test scripts forUser Acceptance Test (UAT) and run these sessions with the client. Document,prioritise and resolve defects identified, include low-priority defects insubsequent sprints.
- PhD,MS or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics,Engineering or similar quantitative disciplines
The minimum salary offered for this role is $70,000 inclusive of 9.5% superannuation. WhyDeloitte?
AtDeloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable ourpeople to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference,and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles.Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discussalternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is notspecifically indicated. NextSteps
Sound exactly like the sort of role foryou? Apply now!
If you've got any questions or wish tohave a confidential conversation about this role, contact Aditi Aggarwal fromthe Talent Acquisition Team. We'dlove to hear from you.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP169527