Director, Head of HR Australia
- Not Specified
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s pre-eminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance, to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic Human Resources (HR) advisory services to BlackRock Australia. The business supports approximately 150 employees across three different locations; Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Coverage will encompass a variety of business lines including, but not limited to: Technology (BlackRock Solutions, Digital), Client Business, Investments (all asset classes) Infrastructure (Real Assets) and Business Operations. This role partners with both business leaders sitting in Australia, but in many instances, regionally and globally.
This position offers a great opportunity to truly partner with BlackRock leadership. It enables the individual to have a significant influence on the culture of the Australia business and support our people leaders and employees be the best they can be. We have strong momentum in areas around Inclusion & Diversity, Employee Engagement and Leadership Development. The successful candidate will build on this and provide thoughtful insight into how we can make the employee experience richer.
This role covers the full spectrum of People & Culture and requires an ability to think strategically and bring innovative ideas to the table. One of BlackRock’s Principles focuses around ‘We are Innovators’ and we expect the successful candidate to embody that. Given the nature of the local team, this individual needs to have a handle on the operational nuances of HR and be able to roll up their sleeves when needed. They will develop and grow one other team member and be expected to role model strong leadership behaviours to BlackRock colleagues within the HR organization and beyond.
This role requires excellent relationship management skills. The Head of HR will partner with BlackRock’s specialist HR teams in the region (e.g. Rewards, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition), the country HR Heads and global HR Business Partners. The incumbent will work closely with the Australian Executive Committee to execute on any global or regional issues / initiatives / needs.
The successful candidate will be a member of both the APAC Human Resources Leadership Team (APAC HRLT) and Australian Executive Committee (AUS ExCo)
- Provide leadership to deliver on firm-wide and regional HR objectives. These topics will be varied and cover the whole spectrum of the Talent agenda; Employee Engagement, Inclusion & Diversity, Total Rewards and Leadership Development to name but a few.
- There will also be scope to tailor country specific initiatives where need and positive return on investment exist.
- A true ‘One BlackRock’ mindset when it comes to effective partnership with regional HR Business Partners, Country HR leads and specialist APAC HR teams.
- Provision of HR advisory support and coaching to Australia leadership team to help drive business strategies and guide them through Talent related issues in country.
- Ensure risks relating to employees, HR policies and practices are mitigated through appropriate actions and robust control mechanisms.
- Continue to build the evolving culture in the office, in partnership with the Australian ExCo and other leadership teams.
- Coach, develop and mentor one other HR colleague and role model best of breed leadership behaviours.
Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a HR leadership role working with senior business leaders.
- Strong leadership experience with a proven track record of realizing others’ potential.
- Proven ability in successfully operating in a matrix (geographic / functional) work environment.
- Given the development of our business, Technology, Financial Services or Consulting work experience preferred, but not essential. A background in Asset Management / Financial Services is not a pre-requisite, but there is an expectation that the individual will have a passion to learn about BlackRock’s business.
- Ability to work in partnership with regional and global stakeholders, within the HR function and outside; strong influencing and business partnership skills.
- Coaching and facilitation experience / skills preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Candidate must have the executive presence to represent the HR function in internal and external leadership forums.
- Proven examples of work experience that align with BlackRock’s Principles highly desired; We are One BlackRock, We are Innovators, We are Passionate about Performance and We are a Fiduciary to our Clients.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.