Intern - APAC
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
Intern - APAC
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We seek to develop interns and early career hires through an apprenticeship model that offers extensive one-on-one interaction with seasoned employees throughout Wellington. This position is a 12 month, full-time paid multifunctional role, working as an intern in the Portfolio Data group, as well as undertaking Business Analyst projects with the Global Relationship Group (GRG). This role will provide exposure to the intricacies of asset management, the Australian superannuation industry, its participants, regulatory changes, how operations function and what is required to be effective in this field.
Some of the areas that the intern will be involved in include:
- Securities pricing
- Security Setup Analysis
- Business or industry research and analysis on competitors, products and performance across several asset classes
- Client reporting and requests
- Corporate Action Processing
- Trade Settlements
- Cash Flow Processing
- Reconciliation oversight
- Assist to build and maintain relationships with external service providers (custodian banks, brokers, and other third party vendors)
- Provide operational support for the local investment and relationship teams in the APAC region
This internship provides the opportunity to develop analytical/problem solving skills and deepen investment knowledge by attending company management meetings, accessing the firm's proprietary research notes and observing the daily investor meetings.
The position is based in our Sydney office, with regular business hours from Monday to Friday.
This internship will run from January to December 2019 and the successful candidate will be required to apply for a leave of absence from university if applicable.
- Applicants should be current undergraduate students.
- Degree focus in Business, Economics, Finance, or related field preferred, but not required as all degrees will be considered
- Demonstrated passion for investment management and markets
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills (e.g., foreign language skills)
- Familiarity with diverse cultures and the ability to collaborate within a diverse environment
- Demonstrated accomplishments in academics, community service, and/or extracurricular activities
- Geographic flexibility with global mindset
- Strong grades in courses taken that emphasize analytical skills would be considered a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Demonstrated resourceful creative thinker and problem solver
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Sharp quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize information
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
Application can be found via the job application page (Wellington.com > Careers > Campus Programs > Apply Now): https://www.wellington.com/en/campus-programs .
Qualified candidates are required to submit all of the below:
- Statement of interest: 1 page or less indicating why you are interested in this role at Wellington
- Unofficial transcript of grades
All documents should be submitted at one time in PDF format titled with your Last and First name. When you attach your resume, you can also attach your statement of interest and transcript. You cannot change or update your application after you submit it.
Deadline to apply is 09 October 2018
Candidates will be notified of their application status via email after the application deadline. If selected to continue, first round phone screens will be scheduled. Final round interviews will take place in October in our Sydney office .
Intern - APAC
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .