- Financial Markets - Low Latency or High Frequency Trading or FX/Fixed Income
- Engineering First Development – OO – Java (Core) - Software Engineering
- Build (Greenfield) / Enhance - Performance Trading Systems in Elite Dev Team
Our client is a leading financial markets trading firm that utilizes technology to trade on all markets around the globe. Its Sydney office is the APAC hub and home to elite agile development teams that are expanding due to increased potential and realized trading opportunities locally and in the region.
The Development teams operate in a highly agile and extremely empowering framework. They are some of the most technical advanced software engineering teams in APAC as they analyse, build, execute and create robust elegant solutions to capture trading wins. This is an environment where speed is king and high quality is rewarded.
The main trading and connectivity systems are built with C++ and Java, with components of FPGA and Hadoop to lift the loads and reduce latency. You will be empowered to work in an extremely collaborative environment where ideas are shared, nourished and enhanced. You will quickly be given responsibility and authority to drive changes with your development as you operate with no red tape to slow you down.
- Complex, Multithreaded Development Experience (Java).
- Lean Development approach create swift, scalable solutions.
- Intimate understanding of OO Principles / Design patterns.
- Passion for Technology and Engineering Best Practice.
- Low level Engineering understanding.
- Interest in applying your skills to Trading Problems.
- We’re looking for any of the following:
- Low Latency Systems (non-finance) Engineering experience.
- HFT – High Frequency Trading Systems experience.
- FX / Fixed Income Algo Trading Systems & domain knowledge.
- If you have any of the 3 skills sets above individually or have touched on multiple we’d like to hear from you!
- IT and/or finance related degree / diploma
This role would be suited for people coming from a programming, software engineer, developer, analyst programmer, quant developer, algo-trading developer or kernel developer background – e.g. financial markets, telco etc. If it’s fast and you built it – apply!
#Java, #Low Latency #HFT #High Frequency Trading #Scalable #Performance #Financial Markets