Lead Business Analyst, Financial Crimes Program
Westpac Group Risk plays a critical role in identifying, monitoring and managing a range of risks. We ensure that however or wherever we operate, we have controls and frameworks to protect our business and our customers.
Program Shield is consolidating and modernizing the Group's customised and multi-instance financial crime management platform that provides the capabilities to identify, manage and mitigate financial crime risk and compliance across multiple jurisdictions, business units and financial crime risk types. It also delivers globally aligned financial crime processes and procedures.
The Lead BA is a person who coaches and guides BA teams to deliver business analysis tasks within the Agile delivery model of the Program. The Lead BA acts as a Product Owner for a number of Financial Crime Capabilities to ensure appropriate risk coverage and business benefits. Role Responsibilities:
Required Experience and Attributes:
- People leadership of up to 5 Business Analysts
- Requirements analysis, management, and insight. Leading the elicitation, prioritisation and validation of requirements and design of business processes to meet the needs of the Program Shield and Westpac Group.
- Ensuring that risks (project and operational) are managed in accordance with frameworks, including governance and escalation frameworks.
- Work collaboratively with Project, Technology and Group Risk colleagues to foster a culture of learning with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Proven experience working as a Business Analyst for 5 years of which 2 years in a Lead Business Analyst capacity within large, complex environments.
- Proven experience in Financial Services for 2 years of which 1 year experience in Financial Crime (e.g. Transaction Monitoring, Customer and Payment Screening, Risk Assessment, Tax Reporting).
- Proven experience in Agile delivery (2 year), including supporting tools, e.g. Jira / Confluence.
- Proven experience in managing a team of 3 FTE in business analysis activities and/or workstreams in a major information technology delivery project.
- Facilitation of business solution workshops involving participants from senior management to business users.
- Strong stakeholder management experience working with senior stakeholders and external vendors.
- Experience coaching other Business Analysts to develop and maintain a process library, process modelling standards and business analysis methodology.
- Extensive experience in business process improvement / re-engineering; data analysis; functional / non-functional analysis; and business case preparation and development.
- Presentation skills to high quality and speed: PowerPoint critical and other tools advantageous.
- A strong understanding of technology and business systems, strategically and operationally.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience desirable.
- Knowledge of project management disciplines.
- Coaching and mentoring skills