Manager, Risk & Assurance
- Development of proposed risk-based assurance activity and objectives in consultation with relevant stakeholders and with reference to appropriate frameworks, risk profiles, compliance obligations and risk management process effectiveness; execution of assurance plan through appropriate scheduling, resourcing and stakeholder engagement; and maintain a matrix view on risk assurance data points to inform the ongoing appropriateness of assurance activity.
- Lead and deliver outputs for the allocated portfolio by driving engagement with relevant stakeholders across risk and first line, providing direction to assurance team executing the assurance activity, objectively challenging conclusions and recommendations to provide commercial value and be responsible for the overall conclusions arising from assurance activity across the allocated portfolio.
- Provide specialist input and advice, based upon comprehensive industry and commercial experience, on detail of assurance procedures across first- and second-line assurance teams to ensure effective risk-based coverage of risk management practices and internal controls.
- Report on progress and results of assurance activity across the allocated portfolio to Group Risk leadership teams, management and to relevant governance bodies to facilitate ongoing optimisation of risk management practices and the control environment. Present to senior leaders and stakeholders at multiple points in the assurance cycle to enable effective and timely communication influencing assurance assessments and providing a basis for sustainable improvement in the control environment. In addition, monitor and report on the progress of management's implementation of agreed actions to senior stakeholders.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation that supports the ongoing refinement and improvements to a dynamic and industry leading assurance methodology across the Group for first and second line, which provides timely and effective insights into the status and maturity of the control environment across the business units in the Australia region.
- People Leading responsibilities.
- Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build strong relationships with key stakeholders and executive managers to deliver on reviews and to meet business objectives.
- Proven written and verbal communication at executive level.
- Minimum 7 years Financial services industry experience - preferably large multi-jurisdiction/international and cross regulated organisations.
- Minimum of 7 years Assurance background in industry and/or Big 4.
- Demonstrated understanding Australian Prudential Standards, Financial Services Legislation, Capital and Licensing.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, drive for results and keep abreast of changes in external environment and translate into internal environment.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing contemporary, evidence based and fit for purpose governance frameworks, systems and processes for key functions including enterprise risk management, compliance and assurance systems.
- Discipline/experience in assurance delivery: audit | large change programmes | financial services.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and be a leader.