Migration Partner Solutions Architect (Syd / Mel)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Solutions Architects to help our partners migrate thousands of customers to the cloud. You will be playing a key role in accelerating these partners' cloud migration capabilities to meet massive customer demand. You will be asked to apply your experience in DevOps, distributed systems, operations, data migration, and data management to build high quality, automated migration systems for a large variety of workloads.
This is a highly technical position for someone who can dive deep, build cloud-optimized architectures, develop business strategies, and influence our product roadmap by working closely with AWS engineering teams. The ideal candidate is as comfortable white-boarding complex software architectures with a roomful of engineers as they are briefing an executive audience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Build massive scale, high quality migration factories with AWS Consulting Partners
• Help AWS Technology Partners build innovative, cloud-oriented migration software
• Capture and share data with AWS engineering teams and professional services teams
• Write technical papers, blog posts, and reference architectures
• Provide guidance to partner engineering teams
• Promote partners internally and externally
• Turn big ideas into products and services, and help influence the direction of AWS
This position can be based in Sydney or Melbourne.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet Basic Qualifications
• 6+ years of hands-on experience in IT infrastructure migration, software re-platforming, systems administration, or migrating software vendor solutions for the cloud.
• Experience in a broad set of technologies related to DevOps and IT infrastructure migration
• Strong customer facing skills
• Strong public speaking and written communications skills
• Some travel will be required Preferred Qualifications
• An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics is preferred