Operations Implementation Manager
Do work that matters:
The Implementation Manager at Colonial First State (CFS) sits within the CFS Operations division and is responsible for providing business representation and acting as the subject matter expert for various projects that impact CFS Operations. You will be accountable for the seamless delivery of a project into CFS Operations, and contribute to the realisation of business vision as well as delivery of simplification, operational and regulatory changes and an enhanced customer experience.
These long term contract roles will offer great diversity in terms of role content, and will also bring you interesting challenges that provide opportunities to learn and grow. You will hold a great deal of responsibility within Operations and get to partner with many different people across CFS divisions, including senior stakeholders, working on projects that have a strong focus on either mandatory and regulatory changes or the separation from Commbank. See yourself in the team:
We are currently a remote team working from home and our customers and business rely on us to look after their needs, make the complex simple, and be trusted experts. Reporting through to the Senior Manager, Implementation & Support, you will be a valued member of the Operational Excellence team in Sydney, which brings together key support functions for CFS Operations.
The Implementation Management team support CFS Operations through the scoping, planning and implementation of mandatory and regulatory projects .
Some of the key aspects of this role are:
We're interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Acting as the business lead and sign off for the CO division on your assigned project/s. Actively supporting the project through all stages, including: initiation; planning; development; testing and implementation (for example, project working groups, workshops, risk in change, etc). You will represent members and CO interests and needs throughout a project by ensuring the right stakeholders and business owners are engaged
- Coordinating all change management and communication activities to ensure a constant and consistent message to all impacted staff. Completion of, or ensuring all necessary change deliverables and activities are completed (includes communication planning, change impact assessment, business readiness, etc.)
- Completion of, or ensuring all necessary implementation deliverables and activities are completed (includes process/analysis/test planning and execution, business handover, etc.)
- Previous project management experience and a sound understanding of project delivery framework and processes
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A strong business acumen - able to demonstrate initiative and sound judgement
- Proven experience of working within the financial services industry and with knowledge of administration processes, supporting structures and technology infrastructure
- A strong understanding of regulatory reform within the superannuation industry and of life insurance products
- A willingness and ability to work under challenging deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to speak up, challenge the status quo and think outside the box
- A proven ability to identify and manage risk
Please note these roles are not seeking candidates with specific IT related project / change experience. CBA has entered into an agreement with KKR to sell a 55% interest in its CFS superannuation and investments business for total cash consideration of $1.7billion (implying a total valuation of $3.3billion). CBA will retain a 45% shareholding in CFS. KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate and credit, with strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns for its fund investors by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with KKR portfolio companies. The sale is expected to complete in the first half of 2021. As this is a role to work in the CFS business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a new entity that will employ the CFS business employees from completion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 11/08/2020