Do work that matters:
Colonial First State (CFS) is the Commonwealth Bank's Superannuation and Investments arm. CFS exists to drive member outcomes and we have been helping over 1.2 million Australians with their superannuation, investment and retirement needs since 1988.
Your team sits within the CFS Remediation team which is responsible for the execution of all customer remediation activities across both CFSIL and AIL business in Sydney and Melbourne. Your team plays a critical role in managing the current and ongoing remediation activities for CFS. In particular, CFS Remediation supporting Advice Licensees with their remediation activities. Your impact
The Remediation Manager position is an integral part of the Remediation team that will provide specialist remediation management and leadership support to the CFS business.
As a Remediation Manager, you will contribute in driving a superior end to end customer experience through the delivery of the CFS and Group Remediation frameworks and processes. A key responsibility for this role is to support and coordinate the execution of customer remediation activity in line with the Trustee Adviser Governance Framework and relevant processes. This includes:
- Project management of remediation activity
- Leading a team to support the project related remediation activity
- Remediation Action ownership with ongoing RiS management
- Ensuring remediation documentation to support each remediation step
- Supporting the design and document process & procedures
- Writing Business Requirements Documents for determining for necessary data extracts
- Attaining relevant data for analysis via the IT SWR processes
- Analyse data/information in respect to the various steps in the remediation process
- Support in the development of assessment and compensation methodology and models
- Document all assumptions and decisions during remediation processes
- Lead any case manage activity/analysis as required
- Consider customer impacts and support the creation of relevant customer engagement strategy and collateral
Support the Project Manager and team with:
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Support in assurance activities
- Create and maintain relevant remediation reporting
- Support change management activity, including impact analysis and documenting requirements
- Project management experience ideally with exposure to Agile ways of working
- Experience in operational risk or remediation; ideally within financial services; with a strong operational focus
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums including presentations to all manner of stakeholders
- Exceptional Stakeholder Management skills with a proven track record in negotiation and influencing aptitudes
- Ability to create an environment of continuous improvement and leading by example
- Decision making skills, to be able to resolve complex issues
- Excellent time management skills, including working towards multiple deadlines at once
- Previous experience in leadership or people management will be highly valued
Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract
- CFSIL & AIL detailed Product, functionality, rules knowledge
Relevant tertiary qualification will be highly valued
- RG146 Compliance preferred
- Financial Services experience, including proven operational risk or remediation experience will be highly valued
CBA has entered into an agreement with KKR to sell a 55% interest in its CFS superannuation and investments business for total cash consideration of $1.7billion (implying a total valuation of $3.3billion). CBA will retain a 45% shareholding in CFS.
KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate and credit, with strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns for its fund investors by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with KKR portfolio companies.
The sale is expected to complete in the first half of 2021. As this is a role to work in the CFS business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a new entity that will employ the CFS business employees from completion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 13/08/2020