Senior Associate, Cyber Risk
Our professionals balance analytical skills, business insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
Kroll's Cyber Risk team works on hundreds of cases a year, including some of the most complex and highest profile matters in the world. With experts based around the world, supported by ground-breaking technology, we can help protect our client's data, people, operations and reputation with innovative cyber risk assessments, investigations and reporting. We help enable organization to be more cyber resilient by preparing for and detecting incidents through risk assessments, penetration testing and threat detection/intelligence services. Our clients also count on us for quick and expert support in the event of a cyber breach or attack; we help clients - of all sizes -respond to incidents and restore stability through digital forensics, breach notification, and identity monitoring and restoration services for individuals affected by a data breach.
Duff & Phelps' legal professionals are focused on enabling Duff & Phelps to do what it needs to do while protecting the firm as a key priority. We are collegial and informal but insist on excellence and loyalty above all else. Our environment is collaborative, professional and client service-oriented.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a commercially-oriented contracts manager with a focus on supporting Duff & Phelps/Kroll's Cyber Risk business. The successful candidate will primarily negotiate, prepare and finalize commercial agreements with both clients and third-party vendors. D&P/Kroll seeks a motivated, independent collaborator with excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build trusted relationships with business partners, provide commercially-oriented, practical legal advice in support of the business.
This position is for a remote-working role located in Australia, in any capital city. Other locations in APAC may be considered depending on candidate credentials. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reviewing, drafting and negotiating various standard and non-standard contracts and related documents in support of business needs and initiatives, including client service agreements (letters of engagement, master services agreements as well as client furnished documents), NDAs, vendor agreements, and SaaS, software, database, lease of equipment, marketing, and other agreements for clients located throughout the APAC region.
Responsibilities also include:
- Counsel business colleagues on risks, both legal and otherwise, associated with client engagements and relationships, building trust and a positive working relationship
- Administering policies and procedures in support of established contracts processes
- Maintaining contract information and records in accordance with applicable processes and procedures
- Proactively working with team leader to prioritize pending contract requests to efficiently advance contract workflow, flag and resolve contract issues, and maintain internal service levels and satisfaction
- Providing regular reporting to management regarding contract status, volume and metrics
- Identifying risk issues related to commercial agreements, and providing practical, responsive advice to facilitate timely resolution
- Working with the business product teams on products and marketing materials to address risk, compliance and contract issues
- Assisting with various compliance and contracts projects, as requested
- LLB or local equivalent (e.g., lawyer, admitted to practice)
- Experience supporting sales and legal organizations in other APAC jurisdictions a plus
- 6+ years' corporate/transactional/sales/technology contracts management experience
- Ability to work independently and take direction well
- Extensive corporate and commercial contracts drafting/negotiating skills and experience
- Experience working with all forms of client contracts and procurement agreements
- Effectively addressing and resolving contractual and business risk issues, including indemnification, liability limitation, privacy, data protection and information security
- Ability to successfully handle multiple negotiations and manage contract review pipeline, effectively prioritizing issue escalation and resolution
- Excellent skills in drafting contracts, amendments, addenda, exhibits and customer communications to achieve timely, successful outcomes
- Proficient in database, word processing and spreadsheet applications;
- Ability to balancing intense commercial imperatives with protection of the long-term corporate risk profile
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate and defend company positions in an effective manner, prepare clear and efficient redlines, and bring agreements to closure
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.