Senior Cloud Engineer
• Be a part of the Earth's largest Platform organization
• Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
• Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work & mobile phone
Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud.
With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services thereby gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS provides scalable, reliable and secure distributed computing infrastructure that has been honed for over a decade.
The AWS CloudEndure group develops Migration and Disaster Recovery solutions for any application or database from any source (physical, virtual, or cloud - based infrastructure) to AWS with near-zero downtime and 100% data integrity.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Support Engineer to provide technical assistance for worldwide customers and partners throughout the entire sales cycle (provide pre-sales support, post-sales support, and collaborate with AWS CloudEndure product teams based on customer and partner feedback).
The position requires a combination of advanced technical skills to work with the complex CloudEndure service, in-depth knowledge of the IaaS platform, and a strong desire to learn new technologies. You will design solutions and help define requirements, integrate with third-party solutions when necessary, and perform tests.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Acquire a deep understanding of our product and vision and develop the ability to clearly articulate these to our customers.
• Integrate and support our product solutions in customer environments.
• Proactively contact customers and partners to help them with their implementation.
• Work in collaboration with the engineering team to design and build the best solutions possible for our customers. Basic Qualifications
• Experience with AWS
• Deep technical knowledge in operating systems (Linux or Windows) - services, command line and shell, user management, disk management, etc.
• At least 1 year of experience in a customer-facing role (such as Support, Implementation, Professional Services, Technical Sales, etc.)
• Solid troubleshooting and networking experience (TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, LAN/WAN)
• At least 3 years of previous experience with IT/System/Operations work
• Ability to write scripts in languages such as Bash, Python or Power Shell Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with managing VMware environments - advantage
• Experience with other big public clouds, such as Azure or GCP - advantage
• Software development experience - big advantage
• Prior experience working in the cloud industry is a plus
• Great Interpersonal Skills
• Great Communication Skills