Senior Solutions Architect
Company & department description
Globally SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 11,500 customers in 212 countries and territories. It is the lifeblood of the global financial community, facilitating payments, securities, trade finance and FX transactions. We operate a global financial network, with interfaces and integration software footprint at client premises, enabled by a fast growing services business. Financial crime compliance and business intelligence is a new and growing part of our product portfolio.
Our employees are the foundation of our success. If you are motivated by being part of a dynamic, growing and engaging work environment, in a firm obsessed with creating value for its member community, SWIFT is a good fit for you. We value expertise, integrity and customer focus. Responsibilities Job Summary:
This role is based in Sydney and part of SWIFT's Asia Pacific (APAC) Commercial organisation.
Working closely with the commercial and relationship managers in the APAC region, your primary responsibility will be to provide technical leadership during the pre-sales process of all large or strategic sales opportunities across the Asia Pacific region. As such, you will be mobile, travelling to various locations in APAC whenever there are major opportunities that require your experience and leadership. You will be supported on the large opportunities by a team of solution architects / pre-sales specialists located across the APAC region.
Based in Australia, you will be expected to spend around 25% of your time supporting SWIFT's existing / new market infrastructure opportunities in the Oceania region. In particular, you will need to have or build a deep technical understanding of the New Payments Platform (NPP) solution that SWIFT has built and now operates for the Australian community. As the system matures, you will be expected to help uncover new business opportunities related to the NPP, as well as be the link between Australia and SWIFT's IT development, product management and marketing groups. In addition to the NPP, you will be expected to help explore new business opportunities related to market developments such as ASX CHESS replacement and Open Banking.
You will also be expected to represent SWIFT externally at industry events and / or by leading strategic technical discussions with C-level leaders from SWIFT's major APAC customers. Your responsibilities will be to:
Qualifications Do you have what it takes?
- Working closely with the sales and relationship managers you will lead large and complex sales opportunities during scoping, design and proposal definition stages of the sales opportunity lifecycle covering the APAC region. More specifically, you will advise and guide a team of solution architects providing strategic and technical leadership to them as they respond to RFI/RFP's, develop proposals and prepare and deliver their pitch to customers.
- Support the strategy of the company by a) identifying opportunities for SWIFT solutions to solve real world problems for APAC's financial markets; b) defining the product strategy and roadmap; c) driving marketing, product, IT, services and other necessary resources to deliver this roadmap; d) supporting the commercial organization in achieving adoption and revenues
- Demonstrate value of SWIFT technology solutions versus alternatives. Explain SWIFT solutions roadmap's at customer sites, including to C-suite/executive level. Present SWIFT products and technology solutions at customer events. A strong focus will be on the SWIFT Alliance Message Hub and associated interfaces products as well as Market Infrastructure solutions for real-time payments, RTGS and Securities.
- Meet with senior counterparts at our customers to understand current state architecture and needs, defining future state roadmaps and facilitating the requirement gathering, design, scoping and definition of commercial proposals. Maintain and develop knowledge of architecture/design technologies, integration and future industry trends. Provide resiliency and security advice.
- Translate business requirements into a Customer Requirements Specifications and scoping documents, with full involvement of the APAC Consulting team. Analyse detail systems factors: input/output requirements; information flow; technical requirements; resources needed and select the appropriate SWIFT products and services to build a customer proposal.
- Build and develop working relationships with senior counterparts at our customers across IT, Operations, Compliance and Security functions.
- Represent SWIFT at SWIFT user groups, business forums and other client events to speak on SWIFT technology topics.
- University degree in Computer Science or IT related fields, or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of experience in financial services domain, with deep understanding of APAC financial markets, current and future market trends, existing vendor solutions, and key players
- Proven and observable results in senior product mgmt, pre-sales, project / programme management, or software development roles
- Strong experience in financial services architectures and IT stacks
- Familiarity with programming languages, with Windows, Linux, Solaris and AIX operating systems, database and application server technologies
- Experience in leading a team, with people and performance management experience
- Experience in SWIFT products, services and standards would be advantageous
- Experience in market infrastructure (e.g. central bank, stock exchange, clearing house, central securities depository) systems or operations would be advantageous.
- Experience in a multi-cultural and multi-country team operating environment
- Excellent client engagement, communication and presentation skills in English
- Willing to travel (15-30%)